This roasted lemon chicken drumsticks recipe is a life saver for the days of the week when you are busy and dinner has to be made fast.
This simple recipe of chicken will save the dinner during the week. You only need about an hour to make it and meanwhile, you can prepare a salad or some vegetables to go with it. It’s made in the oven with literally one plastic bag to mix the ingredients and a roasting pan. I love lazy recipes like this one!
To tell you the truth, I make this recipe for years. It was always my fast way of putting dinner on the table during the week. It is easy to make, delicious and with few ingredients you are ready to serve an awesome meal.
Chicken legs are the cheapest part of the chicken, which makes this recipe economical and budget friendly. More than anything, everybody loves chicken drumsticks, so it is basically a win-win scenario.
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED LEMON CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS:
Preheat oven to 375F.
You will need just few things. The main ingredient is chicken, so I used drumsticks. However, thighs would be good too, or breast or whatever part of the chicken you like. It doesn’t really matter.
Make a combination of spices from oregano, salt, pepper, ground pepper, garlic powder and paprika. If you prefer other spices, go ahead and use them. I like these ones. They are delicious when combined with lemon. Place all dry ingredients in a big Ziploc bag.
Add oil and lemon juice, mix well. Place the chicken inside the bag, close and massage the meat, so it gets coated with the ingredients.
Grab a baking tray and dump the content of your bag together with the juices.
Bake the chicken for about an hour or until the chicken reaches 165F inside. Baste the chicken once in a while with the juices from the pan. Serve with mashed potatoes, French fries, or roasted vegetables. Goes well with any salad too. Versatile and super delicious!
This recipe doesn’t have a reputation of being fancy. It is just a good old fashioned, easy to make recipe that uses everyday ingredients from your pantry. It is a good looking, mouthwatering recipe that will make your life easier and your family happy.
This recipe goes perfect with the following items that can be made while you are waiting for the chicken:
- Recipe for 6 chicken drumsticks:
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- The juice from 2 lemons
- 3-4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place all the dry ingredients inside of a big Ziploc bag.
- Add the lemon juice and the extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix everything together inside the bag.
- Add the chicken drumsticks.
- Close the bag tight and massage the chicken so it gets coated really well with the mixture.
- Grab a baking tray and dump the content of your bag in it together with the juices.
- Put it in the oven and bake at 375F for about an hour or until it reaches 165F inside.
- Baste the chicken once in a while with the juices from the pan.
- Serve warm.