This roasted chicken and potatoes dish is perfect for a Sunday family meal. Easy to make, delicious and perfect to feed a crowd.
Classic and Comforting Recipe
This recipe comes from my family. As far as I remember, this dish was served by my grandmother on a Sunday family meal, together with a good soup and a great simple dessert, like crepes or doughnuts made from scratch.
Relatively cheap and easy to put together, this dish looks beautiful on the table, and it is also delicious. It can be done on any day of the week, but it is more awesome over the weekend!
You can enjoy it with a glass of your favorite white wine and share it with your favorite people in your life.
Simple and Satisfying
This dish is definitely part of my comfort food list. It is easy to put together and incredibly simple.
When you bake chicken and potatoes together on the same baking sheet, you allow the potatoes to absorb the chicken flavors, making them tasty and delicious.
Chicken is one of these options that can take you out of a dilemma when you need to cook dinner and there is no inspiration.
Are you looking for something delicious, cheap, and easy to make? This recipe is your solution.
You can use any chicken parts you like. I suggest using chicken with the bone and the skin still attached to it.
It has more flavor, and it is juicier and excellent with potatoes. You can also play with the spices and add anything you like.
Boneless, skinless chicken breast is not good enough because it will dry out during baking. Besides that, regular chicken legs and thighs are cheaper.
For chicken breast ideas, you can try to make Easy Chicken breast schnitzel.
This roasted chicken and potatoes recipe also gives you the main dish and a side dish all in one, with very little work to do and just one baking sheet to clean.
The oven will do all the work, and the house will smell like heaven!
- chicken legs and thighs(with bone and skin)
- red or white potatoes sliced in quarters
- paprika(sweet or smoked)
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- vegetable oil(I used sunflower oil)
- white dry wine
Easy way to make the dish
The only thing you have to do is clean and slice the potatoes, season them with a mixture of spices, place the chicken on top of the potatoes and add a little bit of white wine (yes, the good one you would also drink with this dish).
Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the chicken's temperature inside is 180F/83C (or the juices from the chicken run clear.
Voila! Dinner is ready!
I hope you try this recipe. Easy to make and perfect for any occasion, this roasted chicken with potatoes could become a favorite in your household. Kid-friendly too!
More recipes to love
- 6 chicken legs and thighs(with bone and skin)
- 2 pounds medium red or white potatoes sliced in quarters
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1.2 teaspoon paprika(sweet or smoked)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 Tablespoons vegetable oil(I used sunflower oil)
- 1 cup white dry wine
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Clean and peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place them in a bowl.
- Grab the chicken legs and thighs and slice them gently on the surface a few times. This allows the condiments and herbs to better flavor the meat.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the spices and herbs. Add the oil and whisk until well combined.
- Massage the potatoes and the chicken with this mixture.
- Place the potatoes in one layer on a baking dish and add the chicken on top of them.
- Add the cup of white wine and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the chicken's temperature inside is 180F/83C(or the juices from the chicken run clear).
- Note: If you use less chicken and potatoes, reduce the amount of baking time accordingly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 709Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 355mgSodium: 828mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 69g