Relatively cheap and easy to put together, this dish is handsome and delicious. It can be done on any day of the week, but it is more awesome over the weekend!
When you bake chicken and potatoes together on the same baking sheet, you allow the potatoes to absorb the chicken flavors, making them tasty and delicious. It also gives you a main dish and a side dish all in one, with very little work to do and just one baking sheet to clean. The oven does all the work and the house will smell like heaven!
The only thing you have to do is clean and slice the potatoes, season them with the spices, then place the chicken legs on top of the potatoes, add a little bit of white wine and bake everything. Voila! Dinner is ready!
- 4-6 chicken legs and thighs(with bone and skin)
- 2 pounds medium red or white potatoes sliced in quarters
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1.2 teaspoon paprika(sweet or smoked)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 Tablespoons vegetable oil(I used sunflower oil)
- 1 cup white dry wine
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Clean and peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl.
- Grab the chicken legs and thighs and slice them gently on the surface few times. This allows the condiments and herbs to better flavor the meat.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the spices and herbs together. Add the oil and whisk until well combined.
- Massage the potatoes and the chicken with this mixture.
- Place the potatoes in one layer on a baking dish and add the chicken on top of them.
- Add the cup of white wine and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the chicken's temperature inside is 180F/83C(or the juices from the chicken run clear).