This roasted chicken and potatoes dish is the perfect dish for a Sunday family meal. Easy to make, delicious and perfect to feed a crowd.
This recipe comes from my family. As far as I remember, this dish was served by my grandmother on a Sunday family meal, together with a good soup and a great simple dessert, like crepes or doughnuts made from scratch.
Relatively cheap and easy to put together, this dish looks beautiful on the table and it is also delicious. It can be done on any day of the week, but it is more awesome over the weekend!
You can enjoy it with a glass of your favorite white wine and share it with your favorite people in your life.
This dish is definitely part of my comfort food list. It is easy to put together and incredible simple.
When you bake chicken and potatoes together on the same baking sheet, you allow the potatoes to absorb the chicken flavors, making them tasty and delicious.
Chicken is one of these options that can take you out of a dilemma when you need to cook dinner and there is no inspiration.
Looking for something delicious, cheap and easy to make? This recipe is your solution.
You can use any kind of chicken parts you like. I suggest using bone in, skin on chicken.
It has more flavor, it is juicier and awesome with the potatoes. You can also play with the spices and add anything you like.
Boneless, skinless chicken breast is not good enough because it will dry out. For chicken breast ideas, you can try to make this recipe:Easy Chicken breast schnitzel
This recipe of roasted chicken and potatoes also gives you a main dish and a side dish all in one, with very little work to do and just one baking sheet to clean.
The oven will do all the work and the house will smell like heaven!
The only thing you have to do is clean and slice the potatoes, season them with the spices, then place the chicken on top of the potatoes, add a little bit of white wine(yes, the good one that you would also drink with this dish) and bake everything.
Voila! Dinner is ready!
I hope you try this recipe. Easy to make and perfect for any occasion, this roasted chicken with potatoes could become a favorite in your household. Kid friendly too!
- 4-6 chicken legs and thighs(with bone and skin)
- 2 pounds medium red or white potatoes sliced in quarters
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1.2 teaspoon paprika(sweet or smoked)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 Tablespoons vegetable oil(I used sunflower oil)
- 1 cup white dry wine
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Clean and peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl.
- Grab the chicken legs and thighs and slice them gently on the surface few times. This allows the condiments and herbs to better flavor the meat.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the spices and herbs together. Add the oil and whisk until well combined.
- Massage the potatoes and the chicken with this mixture.
- Place the potatoes in one layer on a baking dish and add the chicken on top of them.
- Add the cup of white wine and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the chicken's temperature inside is 180F/83C(or the juices from the chicken run clear).
- Note: If you use less amount of chicken and potatoes, reduce the amount of baking time accordingly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 709Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 355mgSodium: 828mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 69g