Brandy-Vanilla Butter Roasted Chicken Drumsticks– Fascinating recipe and so unusual! Delicious chicken drumsticks that are moist, perfumed and perfect for a fancy dinner.
Fascinating recipe, but so unusual and oh, so good! I found this fun and interesting recipe in a new book I recently bought, called “Fifty Shades of Chicken: A Parody in a Cookbook” by F.L.Fowler.
I laughed going through the recipes as the entire book is a parody of the famous novel ” Fifty Shades of Grey”. There are a lot of recipes that interested me on this book, but this particular recipe fascinated me.
I never combined meats with vanilla before and I was not sure if that would ever work well together, so I had to try it.
The original recipe calls for an entire chicken but for this occasion, I chose chicken legs. So far, my experience with vanilla was an unexpected wonderful one!
Besides the fact that the recipe is full of flavor(yes, your kitchen will smell like cookies or cake, from the vanilla), it is also very easy to make.
You will basically need only chicken, butter, your favorite brandy, vanilla extract, some sugar, coarse kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper. The result will be a juicy succulent, a little bit sweet and very perfumed roasted chicken.
My family loved it! I hope you will too!
Perfect for a romantic dinner when you are looking to impress your partner. Serve this meal with roasted squash or a simple salad and this will be a wonderful meal you will both remember. And have a glass of your favorite wine. Make it fancy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might enjoy some other chicken recipes here.
The Bossy Kitchen Group on Facebook is a community of people who share the passion for cooking and baking and where everyone is welcome to share ideas, tips and culinary experiences. Click HERE if you would like to join!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1(3 1/2-to 4 pound) chicken, patted dry with paper towels
- (also you can use chicken drums, chicken thighs, or chicken breast with the skin on it)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. If you want to use a whole chicken, in a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, brandy, vanilla, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until it forms a smooth, supple spread (at first it will seem to curdle, but continue beating until it gets smooth).
- Season the chicken, including the cavity, with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- If you use parts of chicken, then follow the first step adding the entire amount of salt and pepper to the mix.
- Fill your hand with the mixture of butter and other ingredients and gently slide your fingers beneath the skin of the breast(if you use a whole chicken), slathering butter on the flesh as you go. Work your way down to the thighs. Repeat until you have used all the butter.
- If you use only parts of the chicken then just massage the butter on each piece of chicken until you used all the mixture.
- Place the chicken on a rack set over a rimmed baking sheet, but if you use only parts of chicken then a baking glassware or any other bakeware will do the job. Make sure the chicken is not crowded in the pan.
- Roast until the thigh juices run clear when pierced with the tip of a knife and the skin is crisp and golden, about 1 hour and 15 minutes(depending on your oven). Let rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 313 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 138mg Sodium: 638mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 29g