Roasted squash is one of my favorite items on the table from October to December. I love the different varieties of pumpkin and squash you can find in the grocery stores. I also grew up knowing only about pumpkin, and I always associated it with sugar, as my grandma or my mom used to make only pumpkin pie, pumpkin strudel and sometimes pumpkin soup. This recipe is very easy to make and requires only few ingredients. I used Kabocha squash, but I also tried acorn and even pumpkin. The pumpkin will be sweater, but still very delicious.
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED KABOCHA SQUASH WITH COCONUT OIL:
Preheat the oven to 400F. I got this Kabocha squash and cut it in half. Using a tablespoon, clean the seeds from inside.
Use a sharp knife and be careful with your fingers. The shell of the squash is hard, so you need to pay attention to your hands. Make it easier for you by cutting off the top and the bottom, so it gives you more support on the table when you slice it.
Cut the squash in thin wedges.
You will need only these ingredients: salt, pepper and coconut oil. Melt 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave and massage each slice of squash with it. Do the same thing with salt and pepper and use them to your taste.
Roast the squash in the oven for about 30 mins flipping the wedges over after 15 mins. They are ready when they are a little bit crunchy on the outside and soft inside.
That’s it! Made it this way, it is a delicious vegetable that can be paired with any kind of meats, rice, quinoa, other roasted vegetables and salads.
Or maybe you want to join The Bossy Kitchen community group where you can share your creations made from this blog or your favorite recipes!
- 1 Kabocha Squash
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash the squash and dry it with a towel.
- Cut off the top and the bottom to give you more stability when you slice it.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop the seeds out with a tablespoon.
- Slice the squash in thin wedges.
- Toss them with salt, pepper to your taste and some melted coconut oil
- Roast them in the oven for about 30 mins and flip them over after 15 mins.
- They are ready when they are a little bit crunchy on the outside and soft inside.