This Pumpkin Bread With Walnuts And Raisins Recipe is great for chilly days in the fall or winter. Serve it with a cup of your favorite coffee or tea.
Best Pumpkin Bread
Yes, it is that time of year when pumpkin is “the thing” again. From lattes to pies, Americans love their pumpkin and pumpkin flavor in anything from breakfast to dinner.
It is the symbol of Fall and the beginning of the holiday season.
I have had this easy Pumpkin Bread recipe in my collection for a while now, but I never made it before. You see, I have this love-hate relationship with pumpkin.
I grew up with pumpkin pie, but besides that, we did not do much with it in my family.
Last night though, I went through my pile of recipes looking for new ideas and found this one. I decided to make it.
Oh my, how many other treasures do I have in this pile of recipes that I never made before?
This recipe is a jewel hiding for such a long time from me. We loved the bread so much that we had some last night, then again for breakfast with coffee and one later in the afternoon.
Between my husband and I, we almost finished the entire loaf!
What ingredients go into this recipe?
This is a popular flour that is good for most baked goods. I like the unbleached all-purpose flour, and if you can find organic one, you will become my best friend.
Baking powder, baking soda, salt
This is an easy ingredient to find everywhere and is commonly used in baking.
I like to use unsalted butter because we already have salt and baking soda in the recipe. If you choose to use salted butter, skip the salt from the recipe, so you don’t end up with a salty dessert.
I used canned pumpkin puree.
Chopped pecans or walnuts
How to store this pumpkin bread:
This sweet bread keeps well at room temperature for up to 3 days. I like wrapping my bread in parchment paper, then in a plastic bag.
You can also freeze this bread.
It is great for breakfast, dessert, or just a little snack later in the day with a cup of tea.
I am sure it is healthier than a candy bar, so go for it!
What to eat with pumpkin bread?
- Butter and honey
- Cream cheese
- Apple butter
- Plum jam
I hope you will enjoy it!
More recipes to love:
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup soft unsalted butter(or 5 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Optional: 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and cardamom in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Beat in the pumpkin, and add the eggs.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk and vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternatively with the milk mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in the nuts and raisins (if using). Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry.
- Remove from pan and place it on a rack to cool down.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 309mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g