Are you ready for the holidays cooking? Here you have a great, easy sausage, cranberries and walnuts stuffing recipe. Enjoy!
The holiday season is here and hopefully this recipe will be a real help for many of you. I know that in the U.S., people make stuffing mostly for Thanksgiving, but I also know that a lot of people around the world might have it also for Christmas or New Year’s Eve. So here you have my favorite recipe of Easy Sausage, Cranberries and Walnuts Stuffing.
The good news about this recipe is that besides being easy to put together, it has bacon…yes, bacon AND sausages, which makes it delicious on its own.
This dish in particular has a lot of texture, which I love. I was never a fan of a soggy stuffing, I don’t like to buy already made crumbs that are overly salty and I don’t think that souping everything in gravy is a great idea.
For that matter, I am in love with the textures on this dish. The bacon, oh, the bacon and the sausages, the sweetness of the dried cranberries and the crunchiness of the walnuts, make this dish perfect for any holiday!
These being said, let’s make it!
MY AMAZON SHOPPING LIST FOR THIS RECIPE:
Note: (You can buy the bags of bread crumbs, but you can definitely make your own for this dish. Grab some crusty good bread, one or two days old and cut it in cubes, then place it on a baking tray in an oven at 300F for about 10-15 minutes until dry and golden.)
Chop the sausage and bacon and place them in a pan. Cook them until brown for 5-6 minutes. Add chopped celery and chopped green onion to the pan and cook them together with the meat until translucent.
In a big bowl place the bread crumbs. Pour the chicken broth over and mix. Add the cooked meats and veggies and mix well. Add cranberries, walnuts, sage and thyme. Mix well and place everything in a baking dish.
Isn’t that pretty?
Bake at 375F for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top. While this dish is baking, maybe you want to take a look at my holidays collection of recipes. Who knows? Maybe you find some inspiration to try some new stuff.
And that’s it!
Happy Holidays everyone!
The Bossy Kitchen Group on Facebook is a community of people who share the passion for cooking and baking and where everyone is welcome to share ideas, tips and culinary experiences. Click HERE if you would like to join!
- ¾ pound (350 g) dried bread crumbs or cubed dried bread
- ¾ pound (350g) mild sausage about 2 links
- ½ pound (250g) bacon chopped
- 2-3 green celery diced
- 3-4 chopped green onion
- ⅔ cup (100g) dried cranberries
- ⅔ cups (100g) chopped walnuts
- 2 cups (500ml) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 tsp thyme
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Chop the sausage and bacon and place them in a pan. Cook them until brown for 5-6 minutes.
- Add chopped celery and chopped green onion to the pan and cook them together with the meat until translucent.
- In a big bowl place the bread crumbs. Pour the chicken broth over and mix.
- Add the cooked meats and veggies and mix well.
- Add cranberries, walnuts, sage and thyme.
- Mix everything well.
- Place the mixture in a large baking dish and bake at 375F for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top.