Sausage Pumpkin Pinwheels Appetizers is a great recipe for parties or potlucks around fall or winter holidays.
Easy to make, this recipe uses just a few ingredients, like puff pastry, sausages, pumpkin puree, cheese, and green onions. Delicious and perfect! Enjoy!
This recipe of Sausage Pumpkin Pinwheels Appetizers is great for a party. I would, personally, make these appetizers any time when I am in the mood for a snack.
Just give me some puff pastry, and I can make a million things out of it. I love it. It is very versatile, and you can make sweet or savory things with no problems.
These pinwheels are made with pumpkin puree and cooked sausage, green onions, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Yes, that easy…
I made them for the Friday night dinner after Thanksgiving, then served and watched them disappearing from the plate. “Delicious!” said everyone!
It makes a great appetizer in the fall when the pumpkin is in season, but if you are in the mood for these little delicious pastries, a can of pumpkin puree that you can find all year round in the grocery store will solve the problem.
A FEW SUGGESTIONS FOR THANKSGIVING RECIPES:
A FEW SUGGESTIONS OF THANKSGIVING SIDE-DISH TO MAKE IN ADVANCE:
The Bossy Kitchen Group on Facebook is a community of people who share a passion for cooking and baking. Everyone is welcome to share ideas, tips, and culinary experiences.
- 1 box frozen puff pastry sheets, defrosted according to the instructions(17.25oz)
- 2 links mild Italian sausage or any favorite one
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or any other melting cheese you prefer
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Optional: 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Cut the sausage into small pieces and cook it in a small pan over medium heat, stirring until browned for approximately 5 minutes.
- Let drain on a paper towel.
- On a flowered surface, unroll the puff pastry sheets.
- Spread each sheet with 3 tablespoons of pumpkin puree.
- Spread each sheet with half amount of sausage, half amount of cheese, half of the green onions, and half of the sage. Gently press into pastry.
- Roll each sheet like a log, pinching seams to seal. Cut it into 12 slices.
- Place each pinwheel on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake them at 375F for about 17 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for about 20 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g