Baked Potatoes with Chicken and Spanish Chorizo recipe is a delicious and economical option for a week night when we need to put dinner on the table in no time.
Baked Potatoes With Chicken And Spanish Chorizo
I love this recipe. There is nothing more comforting than baked potatoes and meat. This recipe is great for week nights, as it does not require a lot of work.
By the time you would order out that sad pizza to eat for dinner, this dish would be ready to serve.
And who doesn’t love potatoes? I personally find them comforting and great for any season. Boiled, baked, fried, sauted, they are always a great item on the table.
It is a simple recipe to make and it doesn’t require too many ingredients.
- potatoes (I used baby potatoes, but any potato is great)
- chicken meat (breast or thighs are perfect- no bone)
- some Spanish chorizo (use any sausage if you don’t like chorizo or you cannot find it)
- cherry tomatoes (because they are sweet)
- olive oil (or any vegetable oil you like)
- salt and pepper and other spices you like.
How to make this baked potatoes with chicken and Spanish chorizo
Start by preheating the oven to 400F.
Place the chopped baby potatoes in a large baking dish on one layer, if possible.
Add chopped garlic, chicken pieces and chorizo. Spanish chorizo is the one you are looking for here, but if you don’t have it, some kielbasa would also be ok.
Sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper and drizzle everything with olive oil.
Mix well, then bake for 20 to 25 minutes before you add the cherry tomatoes. Bake for another 25 to 30 minutes.
This dish is served warm and goes really well with a glass of wine and your favorite salad.
You cannot go wrong with it or destroy it unless you get lost in your Facebook feed and forget about the dish in the oven. Otherwise, there is no way to make it bad.
So, have fun with it and make a great meal for your family. Serve it with a salad, something that you and your family like. It goes well with some good wine if you feel fancy.
And don’t forget: Cooking is love made visible!
Some other potato recipe ideas:
- 18 oz baby potatoes, washed and sliced in cubes
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 26oz skinless, boneless chicken (breast or thighs)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt, pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3.5 oz Spanish Chorizo sliced
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the chopped baby potatoes in a large baking dish.
- Add the garlic.
- Add chicken and chorizo.
- Sprinkle the potatoes and chicken with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil.
- Mix well.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until chicken and potatoes are almost done.
- Remove from the oven and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Return the dish to the oven for another 30 minutes until the tomatoes are also roasted.
- Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 484Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 419mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 42g