I love this recipe. There is nothing more comforting than baked potatoes and meat. This recipe is great for week nights, as it does not require a lot of work. By the time you would order out that sad pizza to eat for dinner, this dish would be ready to serve.
And who doesn’t love potatoes? I personally find them comforting and great for any season. Boiled, baked, fried, sauted, they are always a great side dish.
To make this recipe is simple and it doesn’t require too many ingredients: potatoes (I used baby potatoes, but any potato is great), chicken meat (breast or thighs are perfect), some chorizo(use any sausage if you don’t like chorizo), garlic, cherry tomatoes (because they are sweet), olive oil (or any vegetable oil you like), salt and pepper and other spices you like.
You cannot go wrong with it and destroy it unless you get lost in your Facebook feed and forget about the dish in the oven. Otherwise, there is no way to make it bad.
So, have fun with it and make a great meal for your family. Serve it with a salad, something that you and your family like. It goes well with some good wine if you feel fancy.
And don’t forget: Cooking is love made visible!
- 500g/18 oz baby potatoes, washed and sliced in cubes
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 750g/26oz skinless, boneless chicken (breast or thighs)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt, pepper to taste
- 3-4 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g/3.5 oz Spanish Chorizo sliced
- 250g/8 oz cherry tomatoes
- NOTE: If you use chicken breast, chop the breast in bite size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400C.
- Put the chopped baby potatoes in a large baking dish.
- Add the garlic.
- Add chicken and chorizo.
- Sprinkle the potatoes and chicken with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil.
- Mix well.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until chicken and potatoes are almost done.
- Remove from the oven and add the tomatoes.
- Return the dish to the oven for another 30 minutes.