Savory Quick Bread With Cheese And Olives- Delicious quick bread with cheese for any occasion.
Beautiful ingredients like olives, bacon, bell peppers, cheddar cheese, and white wine come together into a great recipe that can be served as an appetizer or an accompaniment for a lovely meal.
Pin this for later:
This recipe joins the ranks of my cherished Bread collection. For those who have a soft spot for yeast bread, give a whirl to this distinctive Whey Bread Recipe with Sprouted Spelt, or explore the No-Knead Bread, a legendary loaf that's taking the world by storm.
If you're looking to dazzle your family without yeast, the No Yeast Bread(Soda bread with just 4 ingredients) is a great place to start. But don't miss out on these 25 Savory Quick Bread Recipes; they could be the very ones you need to enhance your culinary repertoire.
A recipe that will surprise you
I don't know about you, but I love bread in any form or shape. It makes me feel safe and satisfied.
This quick bread is a real winner in my book. It pairs perfectly with appetizers and salads, or can simply be enjoyed as a snack.
Try making it on a lazy weekend; the dough is easy to prepare and doesn't require any strenuous effort.
It could be a great fun item for a picnic or on a short trip. How about an Easter or a Mother's Day meal? Brunch?
As you can see, you don't need a special occasion to make the bread. It is a recipe you will come back to over and over again because it is that good.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Large eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Dry white wine (yum)
- Green or black pitted olives
- Ham/Bacon/ Spanish chorizo - buy pre-cooked ham and dice it. If you use bacon, it needs to be cooked and crumbled for even distribution in the batter.
- Bell pepper chopped small- whatever kind you like. I prefer red bell pepper for sweetness, but, really, anything works.
- Mild cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
What other ingredients you can use
First of all, this is a very versatile bread as you can use all or just a few ingredients based on your taste, budget, availability, or dietary needs.
- Green onions diced small.
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Mushrooms- fresh or from a can (drain them well)
- Asparagus (fresh or frozen)
- Spinach (fresh or frozen- but needs to be drained really well)
- Gruyere cheese instead of mild cheddar, goat cheese, Swiss cheese, Monterey cheese, or any cheese you like.
As you can see, it is indeed a versatile recipe. This bread is definitely an opportunity to clean up the fridge and use all kinds of leftovers, from cold cuts to vegetables and cheese.
Whatever you use, good-quality ingredients will make a difference in the final product. Always, no matter what kind of recipe you make!
Remember, cooking is love made visible, and also, there is no good food made out of bad ingredients.
You also don't need any fancy utensils, like a mixer, for example.
There is also no kneading. You just have to mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones and dump everything into a baking pan. How easy is that?
Can you freeze this quick bread?
Yes, you can. It freezes beautifully and reheats well too.
This bread is an opportunity to clean up the fridge and use all kinds of leftovers, from cold cuts to vegetables and cheese.
Serve this bread with Roasted Pork In Garlic Tomato Sauce,
Enjoy! Happy baking!
More recipes to love
Craving more? Subscribe to The Bossy Kitchen to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! Stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of the latest updates. Don't forget to use the star rating and leave a review.
Savory Quick Bread With Cheese and Olives
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup green or black pitted olives sliced
- ½ cup ham/bacon chopped small
- 1 red bell pepper chopped small
- 1 ½ cups mild cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour with the salt and baking powder.
- Add eggs, oil, and wine and mix well. Add olives, red pepper, ham or bacon, cheese, and stir to combine.
- Place the batter into a loaf baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow it to cool, remove it from the pan and serve slices of it.