Savory Quick Bread With Cheese And Olives– Delicious quick bread with cheese for any occasion.
Beautiful ingredients like olives, bacon, bell peppers, cheddar cheese and white wine come together into a great recipe that can be served as appetizer or an accompaniment for a lovely meal.
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Cheesy Quick Bread With Olives and Ham
I don’t know about you, but I love bread, in any form or shape. It makes me feel safe and satisfied.
I should eat less, I know, and I try. However, there is nothing better than a warm slice of freshly baked bread with butter, or chunks of bread dipped in good soup or a stew .
To see how much I love a good piece of bread, take a look at some of my recipes.
Suggestions for other bread recipes:
This quick bread is a winner in my book. I found it to be perfect served with appetizers, salads, or just as a snack. Make it on a lazy weekend, the dough is easy to make and with no effort.
I also think it could be a great fun item for a picnic or a short trip. How about Easter or Mother’s Day meal? Brunch?
As you can see, you don’t need a special occasion to make the bread. It is a recipe that you will come back to over and over again because it is that good.
What ingredients you need for this specific version of the bread:
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Large eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Dry white wine (yum)
- Green or black pitted olives
- Ham/Bacon/ Spanish chorizo – buy pre-cooked ham and dice it.If you use bacon, it needs to be cooked and crumbled for even distribution in the batter.
- Bell pepper chopped small– whatever kind you like. I prefer red bell pepper for sweetness but, really, anything works.
- Mild cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
What other ingredients you can use for this bread
First of all, this is a very versatile bread as you can use all or just few ingredients based on your taste, budget, availability or dietary needs.
- Green onions diced small
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Mushrooms– fresh or from a can (drain them well)
- Asparagus (fresh or frozen)
- Spinach (fresh or frozen- but needs to be drained really well)
- Gruyere cheese instead of mild cheddar, goat cheese, Swiss cheese, Monterey cheese or any combination of cheeses you like
As you can see it is indeed a versatile recipe. This bread it is definitely an opportunity to clean up the fridge and use up all kinds of leftovers, from cold cuts to vegetables and cheese.
Whatever you use, good quality ingredients will make a difference in the final product. Always, no matter what kind of recipe you make!
Remember, cooking is love made visible and also, there is no good food made out of bad ingredients.
You also don’t need any fancy utensils. No mixer for this one.
No kneading, no nothing. You simply mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones and dump everything into a baking pan. How easy is that?
Can you freeze this quick bread?
Yes, you can. It freezes beautifully and reheats well too.
This bread is an opportunity to clean up the fridge and use up all kinds of leftovers, from cold cuts to vegetables and cheese.
Enjoy ! Happy baking!
- 2 cups/250g all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup/100 ml vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup/150 g green or black pitter olives sliced
- 1/2 cup/100g ham/bacon chopped small
- 1 red bell pepper chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder.
- Add eggs, oil and wine and mix well. Add olives, red pepper, ham or bacon, cheese and stir to combine. Taste for salt and pepper.((keep in mind that the other ingredients are salty, so there is not much need of adding a lot)
- Place the batter into a loaf baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow it to cool, remove it from the pan and serve slices of it.
Note: Other ingredients to replace the ones in the ingredients list: sun dried tomatoes, green onions chopped small, mushrooms, asparagus, etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 286mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g