Savory Quick Bread With Cheese And Olives– Delicious quick bread for any occasion. Beautiful ingredients like olives, bacon, bell peppers, cheddar cheese and white wine come together into a great recipe that can be served as appetizer or an accompaniment for a lovely meal.
I don’t know about you, but I love bread, in any form or shape. It makes me feel safe and satisfied.
I should eat less, I know, and I try. However, there is nothing better than a warm slice of freshly baked bread with butter, or chunks of bread dipped in good soup or a stew .
Suggestions of other bread recipes:
This quick bread is a winner in my book. I found it to be perfect served with appetizers, salads, or just as a snack. Make it on a lazy weekend, the dough is easy to make and with no effort.
I also think it could be a great fun item for a picnic or a short trip. How about Easter or Mother’s Day meal? Brunch?
As you can see, you don’t need a special occasion to make the bread. It is a recipe that you will come back to over and over again because it is that good.
The addition of olives, which can be black or green(your preference), the ham or bacon(again, your preference) make this bread savory and delicious.
It is a versatile recipe. You can add other ingredients you have available, like sun dried tomatoes, green onions chopped small, mushrooms, asparagus, or anything else you like.
I saw recipes out there with spinach or asparagus. Make sure these type of vegetables are not wet when you add them to the batter.
Whatever you use, good quality ingredients will make a difference in the final product. Always, no matter what you make.
You also don’t need any fancy utensils. No mixer for this one.
No kneading, no nothing. You simply mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones and dump everything in a baking pan. How easy is that?
Can you freeze this quick bread? Yes, you can. It freezes beautifully and reheats well too.
This bread is an opportunity to clean up the fridge and use up all kinds of leftovers, from cold cuts to vegetables and cheese.
Enjoy ! Happy baking!
- 2 cups/250g all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup/100 ml vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup/150 g green or black pitter olives sliced
- 1/2 cup/100g ham/bacon chopped small
- 1 red bell pepper chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder.
- Add eggs, oil and wine and mix well. Add olives, red pepper, ham, or bacon and stir to combine.
- Place the batter into a loaf baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow it to cool, remove it from the pan and serve slices of it.
- Measuring Cups And Spoons Set - 13 Piece Baking And Cooking Tool Pack, Stainless Steel, Engraved Measurement Markings, Narrow Spoons For Spice Jars | 1/8 Coffee Cup | Bonus Ebook
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 259 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 116mg Sodium: 286mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 12g