We shouldn’t make fudge just for the holidays, don’t you think? It is decadent, super easy to make and can be enjoyed with family and friends. On top of all these advantages, fudge IS delicious! It is such a simple recipe that is so versatile! When you make fudge, you can basically add anything your heart desires while that chocolate is melting, from nuts, to marshmallow, to white chocolate or coffee. The sky is the limit!
This recipe of Pistachio Cranberry Marshmallow Fudge has it all: different textures, the right sweetness and it looks really pretty, which in my opinion is a good thing. You can gift it around the holidays. Wrapped in a cute box, fudge is always something that people get happy about. And who doesn’t like a sweet gift around the holidays? This is the only time over the year when we indulge more in sugary items.
If you follow the recipe and measure the ingredients, the results are fantastic. Also, if you prefer tart cherries over cranberries, go ahead and use them. If you prefer walnuts or pecans instead of pistachios, go ahead and use them as well. This recipe can use mini marshmallows or regular ones. If you use the regular ones, just cut them in small pieces. After all, make this recipe yours and enjoy it!
My Amazon shopping list suggestions for this recipe:
The Bossy Kitchen Group on Facebook is a community of people who share the passion for cooking and baking and where everyone is welcome to share ideas, tips and culinary experiences. Click HERE if you would like to join!
Note: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
- 12 ounce(3 cups) semisweet chocolate chips(OR good quality semi sweet chocolate)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pistachio nuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Optional: replace cranberries with tart cherries if you like them better
- Also walnuts or chopped pecans work well too.
- Line a square pan, 9x9x2 inches, with aluminum foil. Grease foil with butter.
- Place chocolate chips, marshmallows and milk in a medium bowl. Place the bowl on top of a water bath. Melt the chocolate and marshmallows, stirring every minute, until marshmallows and chips are melted and can be stirred smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, nuts and cranberries. Immediately pour into pan. Sprinkle some chopped pistachios on top and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove fudge from pan, using foil edges to lift. Cut into 9 rows by 8 rows, or cut into diamond shapes.
- Perfect for the holidays, as a gift.