Coffee Chocolate Fudge With Pecans is a perfect gift for coffee lovers during the holidays. This recipe is easy to make and ready in no time. Think parties, potlucks, or a picnic day and go with it.
Who am I to judge if you make fudge in the middle of the summer? It is so hot outside that nobody wants to get in the kitchen and bake. Fudge is one dessert that does not need baking, so why not make this super easy and delicious chocolate treat?
What is Fudge?
Fudge is an American confectionery, a type of candy probably created at the end of the 1800s. The original fudge was made with sugar, milk, and butter cooked to a soft-ball stage (240F/116C). While cooling, the mixture was beaten to a smooth, creamy consistency.
The method is pretty labor-intensive and requires a candy thermometer, making it difficult for the average cook.
The modern American recipe is mostly made using a combination of sweetened condensed milk, chocolate, and butter, and fruits, nuts, marshmallow, caramel, peanut butter, maple syrup, and other flavors added to the mixture.
Chocolate American fudge became a holiday staple, and people learned how to make this super easy dessert at home.
In my humble opinion, fudge only made for holidays is overrated. We should be able to make this dessert anytime we crave some chocolate. It is incredibly easy to put together, and if you keep it in a cool place, you can enjoy it for a long time.
There are so many recipes of fudge out there. If you learn how to make a basic fudge recipe, you can add any flavors you want. From coffee to nuts, candied fruits, or marshmallows, the sky is the limit.
What kind of ingredients you will need for this Coffee Chocolate Fudge With Pecans:
- Unsalted butter– I like controlling the salt in my cooking and baking. Therefore I always use unsalted butter. If you choose to use salted butter, then please skip adding salt as the recipe requires.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, and you will need about 12 ounces of them. If you want a more intense coffee flavor, you can even use coffee-flavored chocolate chips or even Bailey’s Irish Cream chocolate chips. Try to buy good quality chocolate chips. Good fudge is made with good, quality ingredients. Please do not use milk chocolate chips. They contain a different fat ratio and you will end up with a fudge on the softer side.
Note: I never tried chocolate chip alternatives, like sugar-free or other chocolate replacements, so I will not be able to advise you if you can replace semi-sweet chocolate with something else. Also, make sure you read the labels to be sure there is chocolate in these products.
- A can of sweetened condensed milk– You need 14 ounces of this sweetened condensed milk. Please do not use the fat-free version, evaporated milk, milk, cream, or half and half.
- Instant coffee also called soluble coffee, coffee powder or granulated coffee. Use the best you can find around.
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans – I chose pecans for this recipe but walnuts or even pistachios are great too.
How To Make This Mocha Chocolate Fudge:
Line an 8×8-inches square pan with foil or parchment paper and grease it with butter. Set aside.
In a double boiler, on medium heat, add the chocolate, condensed milk, butter, and let the chocolate and butter melt. Add salt, instant coffee, and cinnamon and stir to combine them with the chocolate.
Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and the nuts.
Pour into the prepared pan and refrigerate for a few hours. Remove the foil, cut any way you want, and serve.
How to store fudge:
The best way to store fudge, in general, is in an airtight container in the fridge, especially if you make it during the summer. If you want to store it longer, I would wrap it in plastic, then in a freezer bag, and freeze it for up to three months.
More Recipes To Love:
Sea Salt Chocolate Fudge– A classic recipe of fudge that has sea salt added to it. Definitely a taste that you will not forget!
Pistachio Cranberry Marshmallow Fudge– A very festive fudge, perfect for the holidays. It is colorful and absolutely delicious!
Chocolate Chip Desserts That Are Not Cookies– Chocolate chips are not used only to make cookies. This article will give you ideas for some other desserts made with this wonderful ingredient.
The Best Chocolate Chip And Walnuts Cookies– If you like chewy cookies this recipe is for you. Delicious and easy to make!
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- Line an 8-inches square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, on medium heat, add the chocolate, condensed milk, butter, salt, instant coffee, and cinnamon.
- Let the chocolate and butter melt and stir to combine all the ingredients.
Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Add the chopped pecans.
- Pour into the prepared pan and refrigerate for a few hours. Remove the foil, cut any way you want, and serve.
Can I use other types of nuts instead of pecans?
Yes, you can use walnuts, almonds, or even a combination of your favorite nuts. Make sure you chop them first.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g