I am pleased to introduce you to a new chocolate chip cookie recipe. Perfectly soft inside, perfectly crunchy on the outside and perfectly delightful, after you try these cookies once, you will never look for another chocolate chip cookie recipe again.
During my chocolate chip cookies research, I found out that the recipes out there aren’t that different at all from each other. A little more flour, a little less brown sugar, semi sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate, these little changes result in an entirely different cookie in my opinion.
One glorious addition to the popular chocolate chip cookie in my recipe is the walnuts. They add more texture to the cookies, but the secret reason I chose to use them is that I love walnuts. I grew up with them. I remember my grandmother’s back yard in Transylvania and the old walnut tree that provided lots of shade in the summer. My grandmother used to pick up walnuts from the tree and bake cookies and bars with them.
As Transylvania was for many years under the Austro-Hungarian Empire, there are a lot of influences from the Hungarian, German and Austrian cuisine. Most of the German, Hungarian or Austrian desserts rely heavily on walnuts, as walnuts grow well and happy in that climate.
I tried quite a few chocolate chip cookie recipes in the past and many of them were good, but like everyone else when they found THE favorite recipe, I think I found mine as well. I will stick with it and probably never go back to the ones before.
And how can you not like THESE cookies? I mean, just looks at them! I think they have great shape, the nuts bring crunchiness, the chocolate chips bring heaven in your mouth and the cookie itself is awesome. However, I always wonder how other people like their chocolate chip cookies.
What makes a chocolate chip cookie perfect? The size? The texture? I personally like these cookies to be soft inside, or even chewy.
Even if you have your own recipe of chocolate chip cookies that you make for years, I still hope you will try this one as well. And if you like it, maybe you go and try some of my other cookie recipes from this collection.
Meanwhile, I am going to grab another one, because I cannot help myself. See you next time!
The Bossy Kitchen Group on Facebook is a community of people who share the passion for cooking and baking and where everyone is welcome to share ideas, tips and culinary experiences. Click HERE if you would like to join!
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts(I used walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Beat together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth and well combined.
- In a different bowl mix together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder.
- Add the flour to the previous mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and the nuts.
- Mix well.
- Scoop ¼ cup batter for each cookie about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 to 16 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your cookies. Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. Serve.