Today I will share with you this easy dark chocolate walnut cookies recipe. This recipe is a decadent, delicious and suitable way to satisfy any chocolate cravings and perfect for any chocolate lover.
There is dark chocolate, but there are also walnuts and chocolate chips and everything together makes a divine cookie that will make you fall in love with.
These cookies could be a beautiful gift for family and friends and a delicious treat on a Sunday afternoon next to a cup of coffee or your favorite tea.
Sometimes I think about times when people didn’t go to the store to buy presents, but they gave something that it was homemade. I don’t know about you, but I always thought that it is a lovely thing to give a present that one has made with some effort, something less easy than to go into a store and buy what a machine has thrown together.
I do this around the holidays and I know for a fact that people enjoy receiving homemade goods. This is how I grew up and I think it is a delightful custom.
I really hope that people will go back to make things, cook and bake for themselves and for one another. Life is, after all, more real that way, more nourishing to body and to spirit as well.
These cookies fit beautifully into the category of gifts. They are elegant, decadent and loaded with chocolate. You cannot go wrong with them.
Despite the fact that there are tons of chocolate cookie recipes out there, I think this is one of the best. The cookies are soft inside and crunchy outside and the chocolate taste is out of this world.
The only advice I have before you start baking is to use quality ingredients. For example, when I use chocolate, I try to look for European brands. The quality is higher and the final product shows it. Always.
If you liked this recipe, you might also want to try some of these cookies on this collection of recipes on my blog(click here).
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chopped (290 g) + 1 tablespoon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (50 g)
- 3 large eggs(150 g)
- ¾ cups sugar (150 g)
- 2½ cups walnuts (250 g) grounded
- ⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate chips (120 g)
- 2 tablespoons (20 g)all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (2 g)
- NOTE: If you want a completely different texture and taste, you can replace the walnuts with ground almonds or peanuts.
Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
Melt the chopped dark chocolate with butter on a double boiler. Mix well both ingredients to combine. Set aside to cool.
Beat the eggs with the sugar until they double their volume.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground walnuts, chocolate chips, flour and baking powder.
Add the mixture to the eggs alternating with the melted chocolate.
The mixture has to look uniform in color and texture.
Grab an ice cream scoop, or a tablespoon and form cookies, then place them on a cookie baking tray that was covered with parchment paper.
Bake them at 350F/180C for 12-15 minutes maximum, just enough for the cookies to get a golden brown edge. The center will be still soft.
Remove the tray from the oven and let the cookies sit on the tray for few minutes until they cool down. Place them on a cooling rack to cool down completely.
They should be kept in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- KitchenAid KHM512ER 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Empire Red
- Artisan Silicone Baking Mat for Half-Size Cookie Sheet with Red Border, 16.5 x 11 inches, 2-Pack
- [Deluxe Set] 5 Premium Grade Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set with Lids and Non Skid Bottoms Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Pour Spout, Measurement Marks, and 3 Grater Attachments
- Ice Cream Scoops, Cookie Scoops Set of 3, Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scooper with Trigger, Meat Ballers/Potato Mashers/Melon Ballers- Elegant Package, Dishwasher Safe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.