I discovered these coffee flavored sugar cookies during my vacation in Romania last year. I just loved the cookies. I had no idea these simple sugar cookies flavored with coffee could be that good. I always thought that sugar cookies are pretty boring and I was not quite into them. Since I discovered these cookies, I fell in love with them.
Or maybe you want to join The Bossy Kitchen community group where you can share your creations made from this blog or from other sources. Everyone is welcome to join!
- 8 oz/2 sticks butter room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup powder sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee(+2 tsp water to dissolve)
- options for flavors: 1 tsp cinnamon
- or 1 teaspoon vanilla to flavor the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in a little bit of water(2 tsps)
- With a mixer beat the butter, yolks, powder sugar, salt, milk and the coffee until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and make a dough.
- Place the dough covered in plastic wrap, in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Take the dough out, place it on a floured surfaces, roll it about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut the cookies in any shape you want.
- Bake them on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet at 350F for 12 minutes.
- Instead of coffee, you can use cinnamon, or vanilla.
Simple to make, like all my recipes, they are great for gifts around holidays. Perfect with coffee (you should try my delicious Turkish coffee recipe) or tea. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did!