Banana Walnuts Chocolate Chips Soft Cookies– delicious banana cookies that are soft and chewy. Perfect to snack on or for the lunch box.
These banana walnuts chocolate chips soft cookies are one of my favorites cookies so far. I am personally not a big fan of crunchy cookies, but I do love the “cakey” or the chewy ones.
I also do not like sweets that are very sweet, as I grew up back in Europe with sweets that had more flavor than sugar.
If you are with me on this one, and you do not like things very sweet, these are the cookies for you.
The recipe is pretty simple to make. Baking, in general, is not very difficult if you have the right ingredients, measure them correctly and follow the recipe.
I try to use as many organic ingredients I can find. For this recipe, in particular, I used organic butter, eggs, walnuts and bananas.
These are usually staples in our household.
I decided few years ago that if we are going to eat certain products almost every day, like eggs, bananas, or milk, we should buy them organic.
We feel that this way, we reduced the amount of pesticides, hormones, preservatives and other offenders we put in our bodies.
This concept is reflected in everything I make in the kitchen, from cooking to baking.
Lately, after I graduated pastry school, I implemented the same rules in cakes, pastries and desserts.
Everything I make has probably 80% organic ingredients. And they taste great too.
However, these cookies are chewy, but the chocolate chips and the walnuts bring flavor and texture to the recipe.
The best part is that you can use any bananas you have around.
They don’t have to be dark, like when you make banana bread, which makes them perfect for anytime you have a sweet tooth.
I hope you like them! Enjoy!
- 1/3cups/6 Tablespoons/80 g unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 cup/190 g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large bananas/500 g bananas
- 2 1/2 cups/300 g all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons/20 g baking powder
- 1 cup/150 g pieces of walnuts
- 1/2 cup/100 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup/50 g slivered almonds
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Heat up a pan and roast the walnuts on medium heat, for 3-4 minutes, on the stove until they develop the flavor. Set aside to cool.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and set aside.
- Using a standing mixer or a regular hand electrical mixer beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffly.
- Incorporate the eggs, one by one, and keep mixing.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix everything well. Stop the mixer and grab a spatula.
- Incorporate the flour and baking powder into the batter mixing slowly with the spatula.
- Add the walnuts and chocolate chips. Do not over mix the batter.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and drop dollops of batter using a spoon or a medium ice cream scoop spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle some slivered almonds over each cookie.
- Bake at 350F for about 14-15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire racks and let cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g