Easy Summer Old Fashioned Peach Cake – a summer recipe that is made with fresh fruits available in season. Use fruits according to your preference.
This is one easy, fluffy, delicious and simple cake to make in the summer. It is a versatile cake as you can use the same recipe but replace the peaches with different fruits in season.
Cherries, plums, apricots or berries are perfect for this beauty. You will want to invite your friends to tea and serve them this cake. This recipe comes from the old world and it was passed from generation to generation in my family.
Flour, eggs, sugar and oil are the main ingredients, but you will need a mixer to beat the heck out of the egg whites, as this cake doesn’t have any baking powder. The cake is extremely delicate, airy and fluffy and you will not be able to stop after eating one piece.
When I was a kid, my mother would bake a cake like this and take it to potlucks or picnics. It was a perfect dessert at the beach, or as a snack in the lunch box. It looks so pretty, don’t you think?
I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do!
Or maybe you want to join The Bossy Kitchen community group where you can share your creations made from this blog or from other sources. Everyone is welcome to join!
- 3-4 sliced peaches
- 9 large eggs separated
- 9 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 9 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 9 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- a dollop of butter to butter the pan
- 1 teaspoon all purpose flour to dust the pan
- powder sugar to dust over the cake
- Note: The cake can be made with any kind of fruits in season(cherries, plums, apricots, berries etc)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Butter and flour a 9x13 inches baking pan.
- Slice the peaches and set aside.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer to soft pick. Add the granulated sugar and continue beating until stiff.
- Add vanilla.
- Add the egg yolks one by one and continue mixing. Incorporate the oil.
- Stop the mixer. With a spatula fold gently the flour into the mixture.
- Pour batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Add the sliced peaches on top of the batter.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until the cake is golden brown or a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan then slice and dust each piece with powder sugar.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 222Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g