This No-Bake Cheesecake with berries is a wonderful recipe suited for all kinds of events all year long. Quick dessert, made in no time. Enjoy!
This is a wonderful recipe suited for all kinds of events all year long. Classic Cheesecake with berries, a no-bake recipe, comes in handy when you have to put a dessert together in no time.
It is great for any celebrations during the year, and the best part is that you do not have to worry about baking a cake in the oven.
It took me about an hour to put it together, and I have to say that it disappeared in about the same time after I served it. It took me longer to take pictures of it than to eat it!
Today is my birthday so it was a great opportunity to make this cake again and also reshoot the pictures.
I cannot tell you how bad they were when I first put this recipe on the blog a few years ago!
Did I mention that it is great in the summer because you don’t need to use the oven?
My version of this classic recipe uses only natural ingredients. Heavy cream, cream cheese, graham crackers, butter, real fruits, a little bit of sugar, and gelatin.
I can show you that we can make delicious, easy desserts without using cans and already pre-made stuff.
You can use any kind of berries you like, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or even cranberries, fresh or frozen.
In the winter, I like the frozen fruit for convenience. I made this dessert a few times now, and I don’t fuss over what kind of fruits I need. Whatever I have available, I use.
This time, I used frozen cranberries.
I like this dessert because it is also not very sweet.
I don’t think this is a low-calorie item because cream cheese and heavy cream are rich, but the fact that it doesn’t have a lot of sugar is a good thing, right?
You can also add a little bit of fruit to the cream cheese mixture if you prefer. No problem with that! It will still be delicious and gorgeous on the table!
HOW to make this No bake cheesecake with berries:
I started with the classic graham crackers crust and my favorite item in the kitchen: The food processor.
Grind the graham crackers together with butter, cinnamon, and lemon zest.
Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan, spreading it 1 1/2 to 2 inches up the side.
Press flat. Chill crust in freezer at least 10 minutes.
Note: If you feel some frustration because you don’t have a food processor, which I really encourage you to buy (it is a true lifesaver in the kitchen), then grab a sturdy plastic bag and place the crackers inside.
Seal the bag and grab that rolling pin.
You know, that one that you were wondering what is doing in your kitchen, as you never used it before. Smack the life out of the crackers until you have fine crumbs.
Put the crumbs in a bowl, add melted butter and the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a spoon until you have a wet sandy mess. Then, continue with the recipe.
Cream Cheese Filling:
Note: Before we start making the filling, I wanted to tell you a little bit about gelatin. I like using gelatin sheets when I make desserts, but you can use any kind you have available.
Here is a good post about how to use different types of gelatin in baking. In general, 1 (0.25 oz.) envelope granulated gelatin = 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin = 3 sheets leaf gelatin.
Now, the cream cheese filling is super easy to make.
Before you start making the cake, make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
Place the cream cheese in a bowl and add sugar to it. Use an electric hand mixer to mix the cream cheese and sugar. Add the vanilla and mix some more.
Set aside, as we are going to add the whipped cream to it and some gelatin.
To whip the heavy cream, you will need to wash and dry the beaters really well. Grab a clean bowl and pour the very cold heavy cream(directly from the fridge) in it.
Beat the cream to a medium stiff pick and add it to the cream cheese.
Fold the whipped cream inside the cream cheese, gently, making sure you do not lose the air in the whipped cream.
Note: How to hydrate the gelatin:
For gelatin sheets- Grab a big bowl with icy water and place the gelatin sheets in the water. Make sure the gelatin is covered in water.
Let the gelatin hydrate for 3-4 minutes until soft. Remove the gelatin from the water and squeeze the water excess, then use the gelatin according to the recipe.
For the gelatin, envelopes follow the instructions on the package.
After the gelatin is hydrated, squeeze the water out of it and place it in a saucer or a double boiler at low temperature.
Make sure it doesn’t boil.
Add the gelatin to your mixture and mix well.
Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pan, over the crust.
Smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, for about 2 hours.
how to decorate and finish the top of the cheesecake
Place water and sugar in a pot on the stove and bring to a boil.
Add the fruits to the syrup and bring to a boil again. Do not simmer the fruits, unless you use cranberries.
The goal is to preserve the shape of the fruits. Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
Hydrate the gelatin and add it to your warm syrup. Mix gently to make sure the gelatin dissolves completely in the syrup.
Pour the fruits with the syrup over the cake and refrigerate overnight.
Next day remove the springform and place the cake on a platter.
This cake is so pretty and delicious. You cannot go wrong with it if you choose to make it. It could be great for Easter, Mother’s Day, birthday celebrations, small graduation parties, and even Christmas.
The sky is the limit! Use fruits in season and get creative with it!
Happy No Baking, everyone! 🙂
Or maybe you want to join The Bossy Kitchen community group to share your creations made from this blog or other sources. Everyone is welcome to join!
For the crust:
- 8 oz. graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted but cool
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon -zest
Cream cheese filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 gelatin sheets(1 envelope-0.25 oz. granulated gelatin or 1 Tablespoon powdered gelatin)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups berries(strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries)-fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 gelatin sheets(1 envelope-0.25 oz. granulated gelatin or 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin)
- Using a food processor, grind the graham crackers together with butter, cinnamon, and lemon zest.
- Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan, spreading it 1 1/2 to 2 inches up the side.
- Press flat. Chill crust in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Cheese filling:
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla and set it aside.
- Separately, whip the heavy cream.
- Add it to the cream cheese and gently fold it in.
- Hydrate the gelatin sheets in ice-cold water for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the hydrated gelatin and squeeze the excess water.
- Melt the gelatin in a double boiler or a saucepan at low temperature. Make sure it doesn't boil.
- Add the gelatin to your mixture and mix well.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pan over the crust.
- Smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm for about 2 hours.
- To make the top of the cheesecake, place water and sugar in a pot on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Add the fruits to the syrup and bring to a boil again. Do not simmer the fruits unless you use cranberries. The goal is to preserve the shape of the fruits. Remove and let cool for few minutes.
- Hydrate the gelatin and add it to your warm syrup. Mix gently to make sure the gelatin dissolves completely in the syrup.
- Pour the fruits with the syrup over the cake and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove the spring form and place the cake on a platter.
- Serve cold.
- Note: How to hydrate the gelatin:
- For gelatin sheets- Grab a big bowl with icy water and place the gelatin sheets in the water. Make sure the gelatin is covered in water. Let the gelatin hydrate for 3-4 minutes until soft. Remove the gelatin from the water and squeeze the water excess, then use the gelatin according to the recipe.
- For the gelatin, envelopes follow the instructions on the package.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 8g