These Cheesecake squares with crunchy pecans are a great way to have cheesecake without guilt. Also, the bars are great for a potluck or a party.
Pecan Cheesecake Bars
I am always looking for a cheesecake that is easy to make, but I never want to eat the whole thing by myself. When I found this recipe for these cheesecake squares, I was instantly interested in making it.
It is everything you want in a classic dessert but without the stress of a water bath or the potential of a cracked top.
The recipe is also super easy to make, and in my humble opinion, it is difficult to mess up. Only the thought that you will be able to have a bite of cheesecake in a short amount of time and should convince you to start baking.
What kind of ingredients go into this recipe
- unsalted butter- I use unsalted butter because when we bake, we need to make sure we can control the salt in the recipe
- dark brown sugar adds a subtle molasses flavor to the recipe
- all-purpose flour
- chopped pecans
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- large egg
- lemon juice
How to make
Step 1. Preheat the oven.
Step 2: Make the crust:
The crust is made with pecans, flour, butter, and brown sugar. A hand mixer is perfect for mixing the ingredients until you get a crumbly texture.
Reserve half of the mixture in a different bowl and cover the pan's bottom with the other half. Bake the crust for a few minutes(see the recipe at the bottom of the article)
While the crust is baking, prepare the filling.
Step 3- The cream cheese filling
Using the same hand mixer, mix the cream cheese with the sugar until creamy and smooth.
Add egg, vanilla, and lemon. Pour the mixture over the prebaked crust and sprinkle the top evenly with the reserved crumbs.
Step 4- Bake
Bake, cool, and cut beautiful servings of cheesecake squares.
Best of all? Make them a day in advance, refrigerate them, then cut and serve them the next day.
Are you still thinking about what to make for that potluck at work? Make these bars.
Everyone enjoys cheesecake, but we are all reluctant to even eat an entire slice of it because of the calorie content.
However, if you need more bars for a party, just double the recipe.
More recipes to love
Cheesecake Squares With Crunchy Pecans
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F(180C).
- Use an 8x8inch square baking pan.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl until creamy.
- Add flour and pecans and stir until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Press ONLY half the flour mixture into the pan's bottom and reserve the remaining crumbs for later.
- Bake the crust for about 12-14 minutes until just beginning to set at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for few minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Continue beating for another couple of minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the prebaked crust and sprinkle the top evenly with the reserved crumbs.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until just set but not browned.
- Let cool in the pan before cutting into squares.
- Makes about 16 to 25 squares.