Cream cheese lemon coconut cake is a versatile recipe that can be made any time of the year.
It is suitable for the holidays or celebrations when you need a beautiful dessert that everyone can have. It has a subtle tropical taste from the lemon and the coconut combination.
Cream Cheese Lemon Coconut Cake is a recipe that I have owned for many years. I make it for parties, potlucks, special occasions, or just for Sunday afternoon dinners.
However, this has always been one of the New Year's Eve favorites. My friends and family always ask me to bake it for this special occasion.
The recipe uses cream cheese, lemon juice, and zest and coconut.
Sometimes, if I cannot find cream cheese I use mascarpone, for a more delicate texture.
Delicious, if you ask me, as it has a subtle tropical taste from the lemon and coconut combination.
One time, I made it for an office celebration.
How To Decorate
The cake was decorated with fresh berries, a few sugar-paste flowers, and homemade Raffaello coconut almond confections.
I particularly added berries marmalade in the middle to this cake, together with the cream filling. It was pretty and oh, so delicious!
And here is a section of the cake, so you can see how it looks inside:
Some other time, I made this cake for St. Patrick's Day. I colored the cake green inside and decorated it with fondant and big coconut flakes. What do you think?
This type of decoration, as you can see next, is a great one for a Sunday celebration or around the holidays.
It could serve as a dessert for Easter, for example, or New Year's Eve, if you host a party or go to one and have to provide dessert.
I am telling you, everyone will fall in love with it.
Or you can decorate it more festive, for Christmas, like I did this year. Fondant is my friend sometimes, as I like working with it.
As you can see, I made this cake so many times and it always came out beautiful and really good.
It is versatile, easy to make, and will quickly become a favorite recipe for celebrations. I hope you make it and enjoy it with your family.
Pin this for later:
Interested in more cakes? Here is a link to my collection of cakes for more ideas.
For the cake:
- 6 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups/350 g granulated sugar
- 2 ½ cup/300 g flour
- 9 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla essence
For the filling:
- 2 cups/ 480 g cream cheese(or mascarpone cheese) room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup/200 g powder sugar
- 2 sticks + 1 tablespoons/250 g butter room temperature
- 1 lemon(juice and zest)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- Optional for decoration: fruits, fondant, gum paste etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the yolks with sugar until smooth.
- Add water and vanilla.
- Separately in a medium bowl, mix baking powder and flour.
- Add them to the creamed yolks and mix well.
- Separately beat the egg whites stiff and fold them gently into the mixture with a spatula.
- Prepare a baking dish 9x13 by coating the inside with butter and dusting it with flour.
- NOTE: If you prefer a round cake, use a 9 inches cake pan and follow the same steps.
- Pour the batter into the dish and bake it for about 20 min or until golden brown on top. You can also test the cake with a toothpick.
- Please remove it from the baking dish and place it on a rack to cool down.
- Using a mixer, beat butter and cream cheese together. Add the powder sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla essence gradually.
- HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE CAKE:
- Slice the cake into two layers horizontally.
- Use half of the filling on the base of the cake, then add the second layer of cake on top of it.
- Use the other half of the filling to cover the cake, then sprinkle coconut flakes over the top.
- Refrigerate the cake overnight. This is a must. The refrigeration will allow the cake to absorb the flavors from the filling and become moist and light.
- Decorate with fresh fruit, coconut shaves, or fondant flowers.
- THIS CAKE NEEDS REFRIGERATION.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 539Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 6g