Raffaello Coconut Almond Confections are a popular item in Europe. You can find them in stores around United States also, but they are not as popular as overseas. The original confections are spherical wafers filled with a white milk cream and white blanched almonds. They are tossed in coconut flakes and are delicious.
How to make it:
First of all, mix the coconut flakes with the condensed milk, until smooth. Then, using your wet hands, grab a dollop of the mixture and roll it between your palms as a ball. Hide a toasted almond in the middle of the confection. Finally, toss the confection in coconut flakes and place it in a candy paper. Continue until you finish the entire batch.
These homemade confections should be refrigerated or frozen. They taste delicious right out of the freezer, therefore it would be great to make them in advance and serve as a treat later (it is a wonderful gift for the holidays also).
Note: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
- 2 cups (190g) cups organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup(50g) organic unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling the confectioneries on it
- 1 can(14 oz)(400ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz(150 g) roasted unsalted almonds
- In a bowl, place 2 cups shredded coconut and add the entire can of condensed milk.
- Mix it together and let sit for few minutes until the coconut absorbs the milk.
- If the mixture seems to be too wet, add a little bit more coconut flakes.
- Using your wet hands, take dollops of the mixture and roll them between your hands to make a ball.
- Insert an almond in the middle of each confection.
- Prepare a plate with shredded coconut for rolling the confections on it.
- Roll each confection in the shredded coconut until covered, then place it on a candy paper.
- Refrigerate for few hours before serving or keep them in the freezer in an airtight container.
- The homemade coconut almond confections are great as holiday gifts.