Beautiful Linseed Cinnamon Cookies- the linseeds (or the flaxseeds) give these soft cookies a nice texture, while the cinnamon brings a subtle flavor.
Jump to recipe
What are linseeds?
Linseeds are actually flax seeds, the reddish-brown or golden-yellow seed of the common flax plant.
They are very high in Omega 3, protein, and fiber, and many cultures use flax seeds in their diet because of the health benefits. Linseeds can be added to all kinds of foods, from bread to cookies, salads, muesli mixes, etc.
Cookies made with flax seeds are delicious
You are here for a treat if you have never tried a linseed cookie before. Linseed or flaxseed cookies are something I discovered recently, and I decided to share the recipe with you.
In this recipe, the flax seeds are incorporated beautifully with the ingredients, adding texture and crunchiness to the soft cookies.
Also, it is such a great way to sneak some flax seeds into your diet!
Flax seeds can be an acquired taste if you never had them before. Some people aren’t too excited about the flavor, but I personally love it. I think it adds a lovely depth and richness to foods.
You might think that these are regular cookies with some flax seeds in them, but the recipe requires 2 cups of them.
Embrace this Recipe's Flavors
Also, the cinnamon adds a nice touch to them, and the brown sugar gives them a beautiful color. Such a win-win combination!
The cookies are not very sweet, which makes them a good snack or even a good breakfast.
You can feel good about having a cookie with your morning coffee. Or tea, if that is what makes you happy in the morning.
If you make the recipe, share it with the hashtag #thebossykitchen on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter so we can all see what you’re cooking!
More recipes to love
Banana Walnuts Chocolate Chips Soft Cookies
Trail Mix Cookies- Vegetarian, Gluten Free
If you are interested in more recipes for cookies, check out this collection of cookies on my blog.
Linseed Cinnamon Cookies
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 ½ cups whole linseeds (flax seeds)
- Optional: Instead of flaxseed feel free to use other seeds, cereals or dried fruits you like.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand electric mixer, cream butter with brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Incorporate the eggs one by one.
- Add vanilla.
- In a different bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Combine the mixture of flour with the mixture of butter.
- Add the linseeds and mix well.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing them to a cooling rack.
- The cookies will keep fresh for about two weeks in an airtight container.