Coffee and cinnamon brownies- easy, a non-complicated recipe for coffee and chocolate lovers. The cinnamon makes the brownies interesting and absolutely delicious.
Delightful Reasons to Try It
This is one of my favorite recipes for coffee brownies. The first time I made the recipe, my husband loved the brownies so much that he asked me to make the recipe the next day.
The chocolate brownies are good, but the coffee ones are out of this world, so you need to try them!
The coffee enhances the chocolate flavor, and the cinnamon takes this easy recipe to the next level, adding elegance.
They are rich and delicious and will satisfy your chocolate/coffee cravings in no time. Good luck trying to eat only one piece!
As much as I try to understand the urge to buy a pre-mix from the store to make brownies, nothing compares with those made at home in your oven.
However, ingredients are the key not only for making brownies but for any baked goods. In this case, the quality of chocolate can break a brownie recipe, so keep that in mind when you shop for the ingredients.
What kind of pan do you need?
The pan that you are going to use to bake these coffee and cinnamon brownies matters a lot. If you bake brownies in a metal pan, the cooking time will be on the shorter side.
With Pyrex glass pans, it will take a little bit longer. The recipe talks about baking the batter for 30-35 minutes, perfect for the metal pan.
If you use a glass pan, you will need to add a few more minutes and watch it. You don't want to overbake the brownies either.
Brownies are done when the toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs still clinging. It's okay for the pick to look moist, but keep baking if you see wet batter.
Pin this recipe for later
Other than that, this recipe is very easy to make and delicious. If you crave chocolate big time, this is a perfect recipe for you.
Use dark chocolate for a more intense flavor.
This recipe goes really well with this Turkish Coffee!
More chocolate recipes to love
Inspired from Martha Stewart's Recipe for Cappuccino Brownies.
Coffee and Cinnamon Brownies Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter or one stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter for buttering the pan
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or coffee flavored chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Butter a 9 inch square baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Coat paper with butter. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate and butter together, stirring, until completely melted. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk in sugar, coffee powder, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out slightly wet, 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Run a sharp paring knife around edges, then invert. Peel off parchment paper and cut into 16 squares.