Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake- Gluten Free Recipe– an easy gluten free cake to make in less than an hour. Delicious, easy and ready for fixing a sweet tooth. Using quality ingredients gives you the best results.
However, sometimes I make these recipes that are naturally free of flour and have usual ingredients that I happen to have in the pantry all year round. I love them.
I love old recipes that come from our grandmothers and I always look for new ones I can find in old cooking books.
There are a lot of old recipes out there, especially the European ones, where baked goods are made without the use of flour.
Almond flour, for example, especially in Spain, was used for at least 600-700 years now, and Tarta de Santiago is one of the most authentic and traditional Spanish baked goods you can find around.
This flourless chocolate cake seems to be very popular on the internet as so many people look for gluten free recipes to enjoy.
I thought it would be a good idea to put it on the blog, because it is something that you can make very easy anytime.
Besides that, who doesn’t love a good chocolate cake? It is so good that you will not even noticed that there is no flour in it.
This cake is dense, fudgy and delicious and goes really well with a cup of good tea or coffee.
It is also very easy to make. If you manage to melt the chocolate and butter together on top of a water bath, the rest of the ingredients come together super fast.
Pretty much you just dump them together and mix them to a goey batter.
Bake it for 30 minutes in the preheated oven and you have cake. Got some whipped cream ready to go?
Some fresh berries to sprinkle over the slice of warm cake? No? How about an orange? Or some candied orange peel to decorate it?
This is the real deal if you celebrate a romantic night at home. Valentine’s Day, anyone?
I personally dislike going on a date with my husband on February 14th. I think the restaurants are crowded, the service is kind of meh, and the meals are usually not that good.
We like going out either before or after the day and for that night, if he is home and not working, I cook and bake something easy and delicious.
For the dessert, you can bake this cake or if you are not into chocolate, make this Spanish Orange-Almond Flan, that is also gluten free, but light and perfect for ending a lovely meal.
One piece of advice I would have for this chocolate cake. Use the best quality ingredients you can afford to buy.
There is a huge difference in taste between the Hershey chocolate and Belgian one.
Make sure you use unsweetened cocoa powder and not the stuff you drink with milk and is full of sugar and other things.
You can play with the flavors. For example, you can remove a teaspoon of cocoa powder and replace it with instant coffee, for a coffee flavor.
Or you can replace the vanilla flavor with rum flavor, or almond.
Interested in more gluten free recipes? Here you have some ideas:
- 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped(Iused 72% Trader Joe's Belgian Chocolate
- 1/2 cup/4oz/113g unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup/5.3oz/150g granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup/2oz/60g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: Replace vanilla with rum or almond essence if you like
- Preheat oven to 300F/150C.
- Butter an 8" round cake pan and dust it with cocoa powder.
- Prepare a double boiler and place chopped chocolate and butter over simmering water until the chocolate and butter melt together.
- Remove from the stove and set aside to cool down for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cocoa powder, sugar, beaten eggs and the flavor(vanilla, or rum or almond essence)
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove it from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cool, dust it with powdered sugar or cocoa powder and serve it sliced.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 220Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g