Roasted bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin is one of the best recipes for entertaining. Great served with mashed potatoes and salads.
It is pork. Wrapped in bacon. And roasted. What more can you ask?
This recipe is one of the favorite ones for entertaining in my house, especially during the holidays season. It is super easy to make, delicious and very beautiful on the table. It is, for sure a winner in my book.
Almost anything, in general, is a winner if it involves bacon. Or pork. Where I come from, we used to say that pork is the best vegetable, so here you have a glimpse of this delicious “kale”. 🙂
HOW TO MAKE THE ROASTED BACON WRAPPED PORK TENDERLOIN:
Before starting anything else, preheat oven to 375F. Start by seasoning the meat with salt, pepper and thyme. If you like other spices, feel free to use them as well. (I sprinkled a little bit of harissa powder this time, but I used garlic powder some other times).
Take few pieces of bacon and wrap them one by one around the pork tenderloin. The bacon will keep the meat very moist inside and will also give a lot of flavor to it. Season again with salt, pepper and thyme (garlic powder, harissa, or anything else you like).
Place the meat in a baking dish or a roasting pan( I need a bigger pan too, as you can see from my picture).
Make sure you don’t add too much salt, as the bacon might be salty also and you will end up with an unedible dish.
Bake it at 375F between 45 minutes to an hour or until the temperature inside reaches 145F and the bacon is crispy. Remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes before you start digging into it.
The meat needs a little bit of time to set.
Slice the meat on diagonal and serve next to mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, green beans, salad or anything else you like. This time, I made roasted potatoes separately and served them together on a platter. The roasted bacon wrapped tenderloin pork was the king of the night and the potatoes were amazing.
Pour the juices from the pan over the meat and potatoes and serve everything with a glass of red wine.
And enjoy it! If you like this recipe, maybe you will enjoy the Chicken Marbella, another beautiful recipe for entertaining.
- 1-2 pieces of pork tenderloin
- 1 pound smoked bacon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- harissa powder
- garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Season the meat with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Take a piece of bacon and wrap it around the pork tenderloin.
- Continue wrapping the bacon around the meat until all the meat is covered.
- Season again with salt, pepper and thyme. Do not add too much salt, as the bacon might be already salty enough.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes to an hour or until the temperature inside reaches 145F and the bacon is crispy.
- Let the meat rest for about 5 minutes before you slice it.
- Serve with roasted or mashed potatoes, green beans, or any vegetables you like.