This recipe of pork chops and roasted vegetables is great for the middle of the week when you have to come up with a fast dinner for your family. Healthy, easy, and fast to make, this recipe is a family pleaser.
Why you should make this One Pan Pork Chops And Roasted Vegetables
- This recipe is great for the middle of the week when you have to come up with a fast dinner for your family. It is made on one pan and the meat cooks on top of your vegetables, adding flavor to them.
- You don't need a lot of ingredients. It is easy to make, healthy, and also very delicious. Serve it with a green salad, and you are here for a feast. Leftovers are great too.
- It can be prepared ahead of time.
- You can use any kind of vegetables you like, creating your own combinations, based on what you have available. this is a great recipe to use up the veggies in your refrigerator.
How To Make Pork Chops and Roasted Vegetables on a Sheet Pan:
Preheat the oven to 475F. Yes, I know, it is super hot, but you want dinner fast, right? So, stay with me!
Marinate the meat first:
Place the pork chops with the oil, lemon juice, and spices in a large plastic bag. Close the bag and massage the meat with the juices inside the bag.
Place it in the refrigerator while you are getting the vegetables ready.
Clean, slice, and chop your veggies. Place them on a baking tray.
What kind of vegetables do you need for these baked pork chops with vegetables:
You can use whatever you like or whatever is available. If you don't like broccoli, use green beans. Do you like Brussels sprouts? Carrots? Sweet potatoes?
What about wedges of cabbage instead of Brussels sprouts, parsnips, or even cauliflower? Play with them and discover YOUR favorite combination.
What kind of spices do you need to use:
The recipe is versatile, as you can use whatever you have in your pantry. The main ingredients could be just oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme.
Keep it simple, but again, if you hate thyme, replace it with paprika, for example. If you are brave enough, use some smoked paprika instead if available.
Maybe some coriander powder? Or maybe some oregano? You choose!
Use your clean hands and mix everything together so all the vegetables get touched by the spices and oil.
Finally, take the meat out of the fridge and place it on top of the veggies. Add the marinade, also. It will bring more flavors to the vegetables.
Bake for 25 minutes. After 15 minutes, flip the meat so it gets cooked more evenly.
Before you serve, check to see if the potatoes and the rest of the veggies are cooked. If not, keep baking for another 7-8 minutes.
I don't have pork chops. Can I use other pork cuts?
Yes, pork with roasted vegetables is a versatile recipe that can be adjusted based on your ingredients. You can also use slices of pork shoulder or pork tenderloin. The idea is to have the meat sliced already, as it cooks at the same time as the vegetables.
How do you know if the meat is cooked?
Check the internal temperature(affiliate link) of the pork chops. They need to be at 160F with no pink inside.
Serve the pork chops and vegetables with a green, simple salad, and voila, you have dinner.
Storing leftovers and reheating them:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The leftovers make a great lunch or even another dinner if you plan for that.
Reheat them in the oven, covered, at 350F, or in the microwave. A great idea for a light, delicious lunch would be to slice the meat into bite-size pieces and use them with the veggies in a tortilla or pita bread wrap.
I would not recommend freezing this dish.
What do you think? Are you going to try it? If yes, leave a note under the comments. And enjoy! See you next time!
If you liked this recipe, maybe you want to try this Roasted chicken and potatoes. It is going to be a big hit, and you can thank me later!
Other Pork Recipes To Love:
Traditional Romanian sour Soup with Pork And Vegetables
Roasted Pork In Garlic Tomato Sauce
Pork Chops With Roasted Vegetables
For the marinade:
- 4-6 pork chops
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium lemon use the juice from it
- 3-4 Tablespoons vegetable oil for the meat marinade
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces green beans fresh or frozen or broccoli florets
- 1-2 red bell peppers sliced
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 4 medium potatoes cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Place the pork chops in a large Ziploc bag together with the oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and thyme.
- Seal the bag and massage the meat with the marinade so the juice covers the meat everywhere.
- Place the bag with the meat and marinate it in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, place the green beans(or the broccoli) on a baking tray, the sliced onion, sliced red pepper, cubed potatoes and mix everything with salt, pepper and oil. Optional, you can add garlic powder and thyme.
- Try to place all vegetables in one layer.
- Place the meat together with the marinade over the vegetables.
- Bake the tray at 475F for about 25 minutes. After 15 minutes, you can flip the meat on the other side. Taste the potatoes to make sure they are done. If not, bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with a simple green salad.
[email protected] says
Yum, yum, yum! Totally making this!
Jasmine Harrison says
I haven’t tried it yet but I just popped it in the oven. So exited.
The Bossy Kitchen says
I hope you like it!
Rose Nelson says
Making this today. Marinating the chops right now.
Will try baked pork chops w/veggies for sure. Sounds delicious, easy and healthy. Thank you.
Laurie Lanham says
How much lemon juice? Only says one lemon juice. Thanks
The Bossy Kitchen says
I corrected the recipe. To make the marinade, you need the juice from one medium lemon.