This recipe is great for the middle of the week when you have to come up with a fast dinner for your family. You don’t need a lot of ingredients, it is easy to make, healthy and also very delicious. Serve it with a green salad and you are here for a feast. Leftovers are great too.
Preheat the over to 475F. Yes, I know, it is super hot, but you want dinner fast, right? So, stay with me!
In a large bag place the pork chops with the oil, lemon juice and spices. Close the bag and massage the meat with the juices inside the bag. Place in the refrigerator while you are getting ready the vegetables.
Clean, slice and chop your veggies. Place them on a baking tray. This is a picture when I used broccoli.
This is an older picture where I used green beans.
You can use what you like. If you hate broccoli, use green beans. Or brussel sprouts. Or carrots. Or…I don’t know, lots of things available out there. Play with them and discover your favorites.
Season them with oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme. Keep it simple, but again, if you hate thyme, replace it with paprika. If you are brave enough, use some smoked paprika instead if available. Maybe some coriander powder? Or maybe some oregano? You choose!
Use your clean hands and mix everything together, so all the vegetables get touched by the spices and oil.
Finally, take the meat out of the fridge and place it on top of the veggies. Add the marinade also, it will bring more flavors to the vegetables.
Bake for 25 minutes. After 15 minutes, flip the meat, so it gets cooked more evenly. Before you serve, check to see if the potatoes are cooked. If not, keep baking for another 7-8 minutes.
Serve the pork chops and vegetables with a green, simple salad and voila, you have dinner. What do you think? Are you going to try it? If yes, leave a note under the comments. And enjoy! See you next time!
If you liked this recipe, maybe you want to try this Roasted chicken and potatoes. It is going to be a big hit! Trust me!
Or maybe you want to join The Bossy Kitchen community group where you can share your creations made from this blog or from other sources. Everyone is welcome to join!
- For the marinade:
- 4-6 pork chops
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped(or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 lemon juice
- 3-4 Tablespoons vegetable oil for the meat marinade
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Either 16 oz green beans(fresh or frozen) or broccoli florets
- 1-2 red bell peppers julienne
- 1 large red onion julienne
- 4 medium potatoes cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Place the pork chops in a large ziploc bag together with the oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika and thyme.
- Seal the bag and massage the meat with the marinade, so the juice covers the meat everywhere.
- Place the bag with the meat and marinade in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, place the green beans(or the broccoli) on a baking tray, the sliced onion, sliced red pepper, cubed potatoes and mix everything with salt, pepper and oil.Optional, you can add garlic powder and thyme.
- Try to place all vegetables in one layer.
- Place the meat together with the marinade over the vegetables.
- Bake the tray at 475F for about 25 minutes. After 15 minutes, you can flip the meat on the other side. Taste the potatoes to make sure they are done. If not bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with a simple green salad.