Garlic Green Beans Salad is a traditional Romanian summer salad. An easy way to eat green beans, this salad makes a great addition to your meal. It is served cold and stays well until the next day.
I love green beans cooked in many ways. In the winter, I use lots of frozen green beans, but in the summer I love going to the Farmers Market and buy fresh ones.
I cook them with meat and tomato sauce and sometimes with bacon and almonds (especially in the winter as a side dish). I love them together with mushrooms and leftover ham or just with garlic, as this salad.
HOW TO MAKE THE GARLIC GREEN BEANS SALAD:
To make this salad you will need obviously green beans, garlic, green onions(scallions) and a vinaigrette made with olive oil or sunflower oil, vinegar or lemon juice and salt and pepper to your taste. Some people would add mayo to this recipe, but I prefer it without.
I believe it is tastier and healthier for you. It is totally fine to use frozen green beans if you do not have access to fresh ones, but I would not use canned ones.
I always believed that they are too salty and too mushy for my taste. Get frozen ones and cook them in boiling water with a little bit of salt and they will taste better.
Mash the garlic, chop the green onions and parsley and make a vinaigrette with oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. If you do not have vinegar or you don’t like it, use lemon juice.
Toss everything together and taste for salt and pepper. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes, so the ingredients get friendly with each other.
Serve and enjoy! It is super easy to make and delicious! Serve it with grilled or roasted meats! Awesome!
Or maybe you want to join The Bossy Kitchen community group where you are welcome to share some of your creations with the rest of the group.
- 1 pound green beans
- 2-3 green onions
- 5-6 garlic cloves mashed
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
- 1 Tablespoons Organic Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- Optional: use lemon juice instead
- Clean and trim the green beans.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until crisp-tender, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain and dry with paper towels then place the green beans in a serving bowl.
- Chop the green onions and add them to the bowl.
- Add garlic and chopped parsley.
- Make a vinaigrette with oil, salt, pepper, and vinegar and pour it over the warm salad.
- Serve with your favorite meat or on its own.