Sausages with peas potatoes and leeks is a beautiful recipe for a quick dinner in the family or a simple meal at the end of the week.
As the new year begins and we all look for recipes that don’t include sugar and lots of carbs, I am offering this recipe as an excellent choice for a quick dinner in the family.
Sausages, potatoes, peas, and leaks are the base for this delicious dish.
What ingredients do you need for this dish:
I used Andouille sausages which gave the dish a “spicy attitude,” but you can use any kind of sausage you like. Mild Italian sausage is an example, but even a Kielbasa sausage would work.
I love frozen peas. I always have a bag of them in the freezer for quick recipes.
Leeks are from the same big family of garlic, chives, shallots, and onions. They are slightly sweeter than onions and are perfect for soups, stews, or pasta. You can grill them, saute them and even roast them. They go very well in this recipe with the potatoes and peas.
I like using red potatoes in this recipe because they keep their shape better. Peel and cube them.
- White wine
I hope you are not afraid to cook with wine, even if you have children.
The alcohol evaporates during the cooking time, but the flavors enrich the dish giving it an elegant finish. For this recipe, use a dry white wine that you like. This recipe is a good opportunity to use that leftover wine from the fridge.
How to make this dish:
Brown the sausages.
Add the vegetables in order, according to the recipe at the botton of this article.
Add wine, and water and continue cooking until all the ingredients are soft.
Serve warm with slices of bread and a glass of wine.
How to store leftovers:
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave for a quick lunch.
You can also freeze it. Most stews, soups and casseroles should be frozen for up to 2 months.
Why do I like this dish:
This is a simple stew that provides enough nutrients for a healthy meal, especially in the winter, when we look to be satisfied without too many carbs.
It is also a great recipe for a quick dinner or a simple meal at the end of the week!
More recipes to love:
Spanish potato salad (Ensaladilla Rusa)
Super Easy Green Peas with Mint Recipe
How to Make Peas And Chicken Stew
Andouille Sausages with Peas Potatoes and Leeks
- 3-4 sausages
- 2 medium leeks
- 4-5 medium potatoes
- 1 pound bag frozen green peas
- 1 cup white wine
- ⅓ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- Heat up the oil in a large frying pan and add the sliced sausages.
- Brown them, then add chopped leeks.
- Saute them until they become translucent.
- Peel and clean the potatoes, then cube them and add them to the sausages and leeks.
- Add the water, wine, salt, and pepper, and cover the pan with a lid. Cook the potatoes halfway, then add the frozen green peas.
- Cover again with the lid and let everything cook together.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- If there is too much liquid, remove the lid and cook everything together until the sauce reduces to your preference. Sprinkle the fresh or dried parsley over it.
- Serve warm.