As the new year begins and we all look for recipes that don’t include sugar and lots of carbs, I am offering this recipe that is awesome for a quick dinner in the family. Sausages, potatoes, peas and leaks are the base for this delicious dish. I used Andouille sausages which gave the dish a “spicy attitude”, but you can use any kind of sausage you like, mild Italian sausage for example.
I hope you are not afraid to cook with wine, even if you have children. The alcohol evaporates during the cooking time, but the flavors enrich the dish giving it an elegant finish.
This is a simple meal that provides enough nutrients for a healthy meal, especially in the winter, when we look for being satisfied without too many carbs.
A great recipe for a quick dinner or a simple meal at the end of the week! Enjoy!
And finally, come join me on The Bossy Kitchen community group where you can share your creations made from this blog or from other sources. Everyone is welcome!
- 3-4 sausages
- 2 leeks
- 4-5 medium potatoes
- 1 pound bag frozen green peas
- 1 cup white wine
- ⅓ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tbsps vegetable or olive oil
- In a large frying pan heat up the oil and add the sliced sausages.
- Brown them, then add chopped leeks.
- Saute them until they become translucent.
- Peel and clean the potatoes, then cube and add them to the sausages and leeks.
- Add the water, wine, salt and pepper and cover the pan with a lid. Cook the potatoes half way, then add the frozen green peas.
- Cover again with the lid and let everything cook together.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- If too much liquid, remove the lid and cook everything together until the sauce reduces to your preference.
- Serve warm.