Baked zucchini tomato and mozzarella casserole is a simple, delicious dish that can be made all year round.
It tastes the best when zucchini is in season, but you can make it anytime you have access to this wonderful vegetable.
Healthy and simple to make, this recipe is a wonderful option for vegetarians and not only.
You got zucchini from the Farmer Market and don’t know what to do with it? This recipe is for you. I love zucchini and this is such a summer item that needs to be cooked while still in season.
what kind of ingredients you will need for this recipe
- Zucchini – they have to be washed and sliced. Do not peel them, unless you do not like them unpeeled.
- Tomatoes– sliced
- Garlic cloves– crush them or chop them finely
- Garlic powder
- Fresh mozzarella– slices of it
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste- you are the boss on that
- Fresh chopped parsley
how to make this Baked zucchini tomato and mozzarella casserole
The recipe is very simple and can be made in no time.
You just need some fresh tomatoes, garlic, few slices of mozzarella and a little bit of cheddar cheese to sprinkle over.
The recipe starts with preparing the tomatoes and zucchini for baking. Clean the vegetables with fresh water.
Slice the zucchini without peeling it. There is a lot of nutritional value in the skin, especially if the zucchini is organic, therefore good for you.
Place the slices of zucchini in a bowl and sprinkle them with salt, pepper and a little bit of garlic powder.
Repeat the step with the sliced tomatoes.
Butter an 8×8-inch glass baking dish and arrange the slices of zucchini in the dish, alternating with slices of mozzarella cheese and tomato, so that the slices overlap each other in a neat row pattern.
Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Remove and add the crushed garlic and the shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes.
Serve hot with fresh chopped parsley on top.
Bake and eat! Quite simple, if you ask me, and oh, so delicious!
Or maybe you want to join The Bossy Kitchen community group where you can share your creations made from this blog or from other sources. Everyone is welcome to join!
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- 3-4 medium tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices of fresh mozzarella
- 2 Tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash the zucchini and the tomatoes.
- Slice the zucchini and place the round pieces in a bowl.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and a little bit of garlic powder over them and mix gently to coat the vegetables. Set aside.
- Repeat the step with the sliced tomatoes.
- Butter an 8x8-inch glass baking dish and arrange the slices of zucchini in the dish, alternating with slices of mozzarella cheese and tomato, so that the slices overlap each other in a neat row pattern.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and add the crushed garlic and the shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh chopped parsley on top.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 122Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2.9gProtein: 7.5g