Pico de gallo with tuna is a wonderful traditional Mexican recipe that I am very fond of. It is a light, refreshing and delicious salsa and I am sure you will enjoy it very much. In Mexico, this recipe is served with saltines as chips are not very popular, but you can definitely have corn tortilla chips instead.
How to make the Pico de Gallo with Tuna :
Clean the vegetables(onions, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro) and set aside.
Open the can of tuna and drain the liquid out.
Put the tuna meat in a salad bowl. Chop the cilantro.
Dice the tomatoes.
Add the cilantro and the diced tomatoes to your bowl.
Chop the green onions and add them to the bowl.
Now we will chop the jalapeño pepper. Start by removing the stem and the seeds.
Slice it and chop it finely and add it to the bowl.
Slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice over your salad.
Add salt and pepper to your taste.
Mix everything well.
Serve it with crackers or tortilla chips.
- 2-3 fresh tomatoes
- 2-3 green onions
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 lime
- 1 can of tuna in water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saltines(salty crackers) or tortilla chips to serve
- Wash all the vegetables very well.
- Open the can of tuna and drain the liquid out.
- In a salad bowl add the tuna fish.
- Chop the cilantro and add it to the bowl.
- Chop the onions and add them to the bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes and add them too.
- Remove the stem and seeds from the jalapeño pepper .
- Dice the jalapeño pepper and add it to the bowl.
- Juice the lime over your salad.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Mix well and serve on saltines or tortilla chips.