Oven roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon is an easy recipe that can be made for any day of the week. It is also a great recipe for the holidays.
Brussels Sprouts are a favorite winter vegetable that we enjoy very much, especially when we roast them with bacon. And let be honest, who doesn’t like bacon? Bacon makes everything more delicious!
This recipe is super easy to make, so easy that I would not even call it a recipe.
If you are one of these people who do not like Brussels sprouts, I might be able to convert you after you try this recipe. It is also a versatile one, because you could dress ip up or down the way you want it.
For example you could drizzle some maple syrup to it or few drops of balsamic vinegar, just to make the recipe more interesting.
You could also throw some dried cranberries on top and/or some walnuts or pecans transforming the dish into an elegant one.
This recipe is popular for the holidays but why not make it all year round? If the Brussels sprouts are not in season, you can always find some in the frozen vegetables area. Brussel sprouts are good for you.
Here are some more ideas of dishes for the holidays:
How To Make Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon:
Preheat oven to 400 F. Clean and trim Brussels sprouts and cut them in half. Place the Brussels sprouts onto a large sheet pan, in a single layer.
Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then evenly arrange the bacon pieces over the Brussels sprouts.
Bake at 400F for about 30-35F until the Brussels Sprouts are roasted and the bacon crispy, turning halfway through the cooking time, until golden and lightly caramelized.
No matter how you cook these Brussels sprouts, you are here for a treat! Serve them with this awesome roasted bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, or go and check out my other side dishes that you can make for dinner.
Note: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
- 1 1/2 pounds of Brussels Sprouts (you can use fresh or frozen)
- 2-3 tablespoons oil, lard, butter or ghee(your choice)
- 4-6 diced slices of bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: cranberries, walnuts or pecans to add at the end
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Clean and trim Brussels sprouts by cutting any very large heads in half through the core.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and drizzle with oil, tossing to evenly coat.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts onto a large sheet pan, in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then evenly sprinkle the bacon pieces over the Brussels sprouts.
- Bake at 400F for about 30-35minutes until the Brussels Sprouts are roasted and the bacon crispy, turning halfway through the cooking time, until golden and lightly caramelized.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 336 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 424mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 4g Protein: 10g