This sweet bread is a lovely thing to serve for your next coffee gathering. Not planning a coffee gathering? Well, maybe you should. This is the best blueberry orange bread out there and goes perfect with a cup of coffee and good friends. And who doesn’t like good friends? And great coffee with an awesome slice of a good sweet bread? Made by you. Yes, you! From scratch.
Because baking is fun when you have the decent recipes and the right attitude. And you are in the right place, the place where you can find easy recipes, made from scratch that do not look like a darkened abyss. Recipes that you can trust. Why? Because I make them often, I was in your shoes and like you, I love a good, decent recipe that comes out right every time I make it.(read more about why I cook and bake the way I do)
So, let’s bake together. This recipe is easy and delicious, but before we start making it, I want to give you few tips for it.
Few notes before you start with the recipe:
*You will need chopped walnuts. To make your experience painless, measure your walnuts (or any nuts you would use-works for any recipe) and place them into a zip-top plastic bag. Roll with the rolling pin until the nuts are crushed the way you want them.
*In this recipe, you can substitute whole wheat flour for all or part of the all-purpose flour. I suggest you start with a small portion and if you like the result, you can increase the amount of whole wheat flour next time.
*Orange is used in this recipe, but if you don’t have any, use lemon.
*I also used frozen blueberries, but if you do not have any, use fresh or frozen cranberries, cut into halves.
For other sweet bread recipes, click on this link here.You will find a variety of other baked goods you can make for your family. Enjoy!
Suggested items for this recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Grab a large bowl and stir together flour, sugar, baking powder.
- Grate the zest of your orange and set aside.
- Squeeze the orange juice into a measuring cup and add just enough water to measure ¾ cup of liquid.
- Grab a smaller bowl and pour orange juice into it, then add the grated orange zest, egg and vegetable oil.
- Whisk well until well blended.
- Add the juice mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until everything is moistened.
- Stir in the blueberries and chopped walnuts. Mix just until combined.
- Scoop batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the loaf is golden brown on top and passes the toothpick test.
- Remove loaf from the baking pan and let cool completely before slicing.
- It tastes better if you wrap it in foil and let it sit overnight.
- Makes one loaf of sweet bread.