Who doesn’t love an easy snack or an awesome appetizer? These Ham And Cheese Puff Pastry Pockets are the answer to any party menu dilemmas.
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Ham And Cheese Puff Pastry Pockets
I love puff pastry. It is so versatile and simple to use in so many ways. As an Eastern European, the puff pastry is one of the staples in my freezer.
I always have it around and use it quite often. If you don’t believe me, take a look at these recipes! Plenty to choose from!
These ham and cheese puff pastry pockets can be put together in few minutes.
They make a great appetizer if you host a party but we had them before whenever we craved something different.
How To make these Ham And Cheese Puff Pastry Pockets:
You will need just few ingredients:
-puff pastry sheets or squares, or rounds- whatever you have available
-slices of your favorite ham(it has to be cooked ham)
-shredded cheese(use your favorite)
-an egg (to brush the pastries).
Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
I had round pastry sheets this time, so it was very easy. I used 12 pieces of dough.
If you buy puff pastry sheets, then cut the puff pastry sheet in equal squares.
Place the sliced ham on one half of the circle(or square). On top of that ham sprinkle some shredded cheese.
Use what you like(I like mozzarella, provolone, cheddar, gruyere etc). I like cheese, so any cheese that melts works for me.
Fold the pastry in half to cover the ham and closed it with the help of a fork. You can brush the edges with a little bit of water, so it seals nicely.
Continue in the same way until you finish all pastry. Place the pastries on a baking tray covered with parchment paper, or a silicon baking mat.
Beat an egg and brush each pastry with it.
Bake the pastries at 400F/200C for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up.
What do you think?
There is nothing easier to make than these pastries and everyone will love them.
Here are more puff pastry recipes for you to try: Easy Puff Pastry Recipes
- 1 package puff pastry(17.2 oz) or 12 individual square or round puff pastry sheets(5"x5" size)
- 1/2 pound sliced ham
- 1 cup shredded cheese(your favorite)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- If you use individual square or round pastry sheets:
- Place a piece of ham on 1 pastry sheet, leaving a 3/4-inch border.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Brush pastry border with egg.
- Fold the pastry in half to cover the cheese and the ham.
- Seal the pastry with a fork.
- Brush top of the pastry with egg.
- Bake until golden browned and puffed, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
If you use sheets of puff pastry, cut them in 5inchx5 inch squares and follow the recipe instructions.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 298Total Fat: 20.6gSaturated Fat: 6.6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 19.2gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 0.4gProtein: 9g