Orange Mascarpone Cheese Cupcakes- the combination of mascarpone cheese and orange flavor makes these cupcakes perfect for the winter season!
Unlock the Deliciousness of This Recipe
This recipe is inspired by Eric Lanlard's book- Couture Cupcakes. The cupcakes have exotic flavors that everyone will fall in love with.
It is impossible to read Eric Lanlard's books and not fall in love with the recipes. All of his books are awesome, and I could not choose one that I did not like.
All his recipes are about elegant desserts, cakes, cupcakes, tarts, pies, and everything in between.
You have to try at least some of his recipes, as they are not terribly difficult to make! And you have to try these cupcakes too!
As everyone loves cupcakes, you will become the star among your friends and family if you bake them some!
I loved this recipe of orange mascarpone cheese cupcakes because of the flavors. Orange and mascarpone? Oh my...
Delicate aromas and textures, perfect for the winter season! They are exactly what a holiday cupcake should be.
I like celebrating the holidays with oranges. Oranges bring freshness and lightness to any dish.
The mascarpone cheese and orange combination is a perfect one for winter. The frosting is velvety, delicious, and so easy to make!
You will be surprised that the frosting is not very sweet but quite pleasant. For real, I am turned off by overly sweet cupcakes and frostings.
I love flavors, and you cannot taste anything in general besides the sugar in the regular cupcakes out there.
However, this is not a regular cupcake. I would call it a princess cupcake. Delicate, velvety, not very sweet, and perfumed, this recipe is one of the very best I ever made.
I baked these cupcakes for a Christmas silent auction at the church. I decorated them with little flowers made of fondant and edible gum paste. They came out pretty and very festive.
You don't have to do the same as me. Decorate them simply with whatever you have available. No biggie! The secret is to use real orange zest, fresh and quality ingredients.
Ideal Serving Times
Make these cupcakes for potlucks and parties, or give them to your friends, neighbors, or family. They will love them very much! The cupcakes can be made in advance and frozen.
On the day you need them, make the frosting and decorate the cupcakes according to the occasion.
TIP: You can even make a little hole in the middle of the cupcake and pipe some frosting inside for more fun or a few orange preserves! Yum!
I did change the recipe a little bit. Instead of orange oil, which I did not have, I used Orange Blossom Water.
The original recipe is also asking for food coloring in the buttercream, which I avoided, as I am not very fond of chemicals and preservatives in general.
Have fun and enjoy these beautiful cupcakes!
More cupcakes ideas
Orange Mascarpone Cheese Cupcakes
- 1 orange candied orange peel or grated orange zest
- ¾ cups self rising flour
- 1 vanilla pod
- ½ cup caster sugar or super fine sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon orange oil or 1 tablespoon orange blossoms water
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 ⅔ cups powdered sugar
- 1 large orange- finely grated zest
- ¼ teaspoon pure orange oil or ½ tablespoon orange blossoms water or 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Beat the butter with sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs slowly, one by one.
- Add orange oil or orange blossoms water.
- Cut the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds from inside. Add the seeds to the batter.
- Add the flour mixed with baking powder.
- Pipe the batter halfway in the paper liners.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350F.
- Beat mascarpone cheese together with cream cheese, powdered sugar, zest of orange and orange oil, or orange blossom water.
- Decorate the cupcakes according to your taste.