Orange Mascarpone Cheese Cupcakes is a recipe inspired from Eric Lanlard’s book- Couture Cupcakes. It is impossible to read his books and not fall in love with the recipes…all of them, as I cannot choose one that I did not like. He has beautiful books about elegant desserts, cakes, cupcakes, tarts, pies and everything in between.
You have to try at least some of them, as they are not terribly difficult to make! As everyone loves cupcakes, they will love you too because you made them, so come on, become the star of the party!
As for these cupcakes in particular, I loved this recipe because of the flavors. Orange and mascarpone? Delicate aromas and textures, perfect for the winter season!
I made these cupcakes for a holiday event at the church. I decorated them with little flowers made of fondant and edible gum paste. They came out pretty and very festive.
Note: I personally did not use the food coloring in the frosting. Also, I suggest using the orange blossom water if you do not have orange oil.
- 1 orange(candied orange peel) or grated orange zest
- 3.5 oz/100g self rising flour
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3.5oz/100g caster sugar or super fine sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp orange oil or orange blossoms essence
- 3.5oz/100g unsalted salt softened
- 2 large eggs
- 4.5oz/125g mascarpone cheese
- 4.5 oz/125g cream cheese
- 6oz/175g powder sugar
- 1 large orange- finely grated zest
- ¼ tsp pure orange oil
- orange food coloring paste(optional)
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Beat the butter with sugar.
- Add eggs slowly, one by one.
- Add orange essence.
- Cut the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds from inside. Add the seeds to the batter.
- Add the flour mixed with baking powder.
- Pipe the batter half way in the paper liners.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350F.
- Beat mascarpone cheese together with cream cheese, powder sugar, zest of an orange and orange oil.
- Decorate the cupcakes according to your taste.