Lemon Ricotta Cheese Cake is a very simple, humble dessert that is very easy to make on a Sunday afternoon. Full of flavor and deliciousness!
I am an introvert. I think my favorite place to be is at home, in front of my computer, in my kitchen, reading cooking books and doing research for my blog.
And I think that this dessert is just like me, very simple, homey and quiet.
It doesn’t call attention to itself and it isn’t very complicated or fancy. Baking this little lemon ricotta cheese cake on a lazy Sunday is the perfect thing to do, in my opinion.
The delicious aroma of dessert baking in the oven, especially on a cold day, adds another dimension of coziness to the atmosphere that I love!
I had a hard time deciding how to call this dessert. It looks like bars, but it has the consistency of a cake.
There is cheese in between the layers of cake and there is this lemony flavor that makes this dessert so delicate and simple.
I hope you try it. I wish to be able to tell you more about it, but the truth is, you have to make it and see for yourself.
Enjoy and don’t be shy to leave a comment and let me know what you think. Want to try another dessert that is easy to make? Make this Old Fashioned Lemon Bread
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 9 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 tablespoons whole milk
- 12 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Filling :
- 1 1/2 pounds ricotta cheese(or Farmer Cheese)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons semolina
- a pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavor
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavor
- 1 lemon zest
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons of powder sugar for decoration
- For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Mix eggs and sugar together until the mixture doubles in volume.
- Add the oil and milk, spoon by spoon.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture, by folding gently the flour in.
- Butter and flour a 9x13 baking pan and pour half of the batter in the pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling:
- Using a hand mixer, mix all ingredients together except the raisins, that you stir in at the end.
- Pour the filling mixture over the baked bottom of the cake and spread evenly.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the filling to cover it.
- Bake the cake for about 50 minutes or until golden brown on the surface.
- Let the cake cool and then cut. Dust it with powder sugar for serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 172Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g