Lemon Ricotta Cheese Cake is a straightforward, humble, and easy to make dessert on a Sunday afternoon. Full of flavor and deliciousness!
Lemon Ricotta Cake
I am an introvert. I think my favorite place to be is at home, in front of my computer, in my kitchen, reading cooking books, and doing research for my blog.
And I think that this dessert is just like me, very simple, homey and quiet.
It doesn’t call attention to itself, and it isn’t very complicated or fancy. Baking this little lemon ricotta cheesecake on a lazy Sunday is the perfect thing to do, in my opinion.
The delicious aroma of a dessert baking in the oven, especially on a cold day, adds another dimension of coziness to the atmosphere I love!
I had a hard time deciding how to call this dessert. It looks like bars, but it has the consistency of a cake. There is cheese in between the layers of cake, and there is this lemony flavor that makes the dessert so delicate and simple.
What kind of ingredients will you need for this Lemon Ricotta Cake?
I love this recipe because most of the ingredients are measured in tablespoons, making things super easy.
For the cake layers:
- Eggs, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, milk, and all-purpose flour- these ingredients are easy to find in most people’s kitchens.
For the cake filling:
- Ricotta cheese(or Farmer cheese), eggs, semolina, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, granulated sugar, and raisins.
How to make this recipe :
- Make the cake batter:
Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
Use a mixer for this step. Beat eggs and granulated sugar until the mixture doubles in volume. Add the oil and milk, spoon by spoon, and keep mixing.
In a medium bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Add the flour to the egg mixture by folding the flour gently.
Butter and flour a 9×13 baking pan and pour ONLY half of the batter into the pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and set aside.
2. Prepare the filling:
Using a hand mixer, mix all ingredients in a large bowl, except the raisins that you stir in at the end. Pour the filling mixture over the baked bottom of the cake and spread evenly.
Pour the rest of the cake batter over the filling to cover it. Bake the cake for about 50 minutes or until golden brown on the surface.
How easy is that? Besides being a simple dessert, it is delicious and perfect for any occasion.
I hope you try it. I wish to tell you more about it, but the truth is, you have to make it and see for yourself.
Enjoy, and don’t be shy to leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Want to try another dessert that is easy to make? Make this Old Fashioned Lemon Bread.
Other Recipes To Love:
The Bossy Kitchen Group on Facebook is a community of people who share a passion for cooking and baking. Everyone is welcome to share ideas, tips, and culinary experiences.
- 2 large eggs
- 9 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 9 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 tablespoons whole milk
- 12 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Filling :
- 1 1/2 pounds ricotta cheese(or Farmer Cheese)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons semolina
- a pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons of powder sugar for decoration
- How to make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Using a mixer, beat eggs and sugar until the mixture doubles in volume.
- Add the oil and milk, spoon by spoon, and continue mixing.
- In a medium bowl, stir flour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture by folding it gently in.
- Butter and flour a 9x13 baking pan and pour half of the batter in the pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling:
- Using a hand mixer, mix all ingredients except the raisins that you stir in at the end.
- Pour the filling mixture over the baked bottom of the cake and spread evenly.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the filling to cover it.
- Bake the cake for about 50 minutes or until golden brown on the surface.
- Let the cake cool and then cut. Dust it with powder sugar for serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g