Cheesy Turkey and Mushroom Pie- is a great dish to reuse the turkey or chicken leftovers after the holidays. Easy to make, this recipe is truly comforting.
Why This Recipe Will Win Your Heart
I don't know about you, but I love savory pies. They are versatile and great any time of the day.
The savory pies are one of my multiple solutions for comfort foods that are easy to make, even during the week when everyone is busy and running around.
This wonderful cheesy turkey pie with mushrooms is a complete meal by itself and requires very little preparation.
It is a great way to use leftover turkey or chicken (if you are not into turkey much) during the holidays.
Cooked turkey/chicken ideas
* Roast a turkey/chicken and use the meat for the pie.
* Boil 1-2 chicken breasts (1 turkey breast) in water for 25-30 minutes. Remove the meat from the water, let it cool, then shred it using two forks.
* Have a big Thanksgiving meal and wrap the leftover turkey meat for later use. (like making this pie)
* Buy a roasted chicken/turkey from the grocery store and call it a day.
How to make
Besides the cooked turkey meat, this pie recipe requires mushrooms that are cooked together with onions.
Separately, a batter made out of eggs, flour, baking powder, and milk is mixed together with shredded cheese.
The mushrooms, onions, and cooked turkey are added to this batter, and everything is baked for 40 minutes into a beautiful pie that can be served for brunch, light dinner, or even lunch.
Make a simple salad and serve it for a complete meal. A glass of white wine would go well with it.
No matter what you use, this is the perfect comfort food for the entire family. Enjoy!
More recipes to love
Cheesy Turkey And Mushroom Pie Recipe
- 12 ounces cooked chicken/turkey breast chopped roasted is good as well
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2-3 green onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat up the olive oil in a skillet and add the chopped green onion and mushrooms.
- Saute them until translucent. Add dill and mix.
- Remove the skillet from the stove and let it cool.
- In a big bowl, beat eggs together with salt, pepper and milk.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix to combine the ingredients.
- Add the chopped turkey meat and the shredded cheese.
- Add the mushrooms and mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a pie dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the surface is golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.