I don’t know about you, but I love savory pies. They are versatile and great any time of the day. The savory pies are one of my multiple solutions for comfort foods that are easy to make, even during the week, when everyone is busy and running around.
This wonderful cheesy chicken pie with mushrooms is a complete meal by itself and requires very little preparation.
Here are some ideas to come up with the cooked chicken:
* Roast a chicken and use the meat for the pie.
* Boil 1-2 chicken breasts in water for 25-30 minutes. Remove the meat from the water, let cool, then shred it using two forks.
* Have a big Thanksgiving meal and wrap the leftover turkey meat for later use.(like making this pie)
* Buy a roasted chicken from the grocery store and call it a day.
No matter what you use, this is the perfect comfort food for the entire family. Enjoy!
- 12oz cooked chicken breast chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2-3 green onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon dry dill
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat up the olive oil in a skillet and add the chopped green onion and mushrooms.
- Saute them until translucent. Add dill and mix.
- Remove the skillet from the stove and let cool.
- In a big bowl, beat eggs together with salt, pepper and milk.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix to combine the ingredients.
- Add the chopped chicken and the shredded cheese.
- Add the mushrooms and mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a pie dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the surface is golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.