Cheesy Chicken And Mushroom Pie Recipe is a great option to use left over chicken or turkey. Perfect with a simple green salad.
I don’t know about you, but I love savory pies. They are versatile and great any time of the day. The savory pies are one of my multiple solutions for comfort foods that are easy to make, even during the week, when everyone is busy and running around.
This wonderful cheesy chicken pie with mushrooms is a complete meal by itself and requires very little preparation. It is a great way to use leftover turkey or chicken(if you are not into turkey much) during the holidays.
To make this recipe you will need already cooked chicken, so here are some ideas to come up with the main ingredient:
* Roast a chicken and use the meat for the pie.
* Boil 1-2 chicken breasts in water for 25-30 minutes. Remove the meat from the water, let cool, then shred it using two forks.
* Have a big Thanksgiving meal and wrap the leftover turkey meat for later use.(like making this pie)
* Buy a roasted chicken from the grocery store and call it a day.
Besides the cooked chicken, this pie recipe requires mushrooms that are cooked together with onions. Separately, a batter made out of eggs, flour, baking powder and milk is mixed together with shredded cheese.
The mushrooms, onions and cooked chicken(or turkey) are added to this batter and everything is baked for 40 minutes into a beautiful pie that can be served for a brunch, light dinner or even lunch. Make a simple salad and serve it for a complete meal. A glass of white wine would go well with it.
No matter what you use, this is the perfect comfort food for the entire family. Enjoy!
- 12oz cooked chicken breast chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2-3 green onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry dill
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste